PDA

View Full Version : schematic crossover for the L890?

NancyJ
10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
anyone have it? thinking about boosting the midrange a bit or flating it out .
thanks!

grumpy
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L890%20ts.pdf

NancyJ
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
thank you again Dave, just got a pair to fool around with should be fun in my all to "live" room.

Titanium Dome
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
or flating it out .
thanks!

Maybe I'm not seeing this right, but what does this mean?

grumpy
10-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm guessing a little hard-core room EQ... (intent = boost to flatten?)
dunno. Hardwood floors, IIRC from 4350 pics.

NancyJ
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe I'm not seeing this right, but what does this mean?

ok..ok.. FLATTEN OUT, better? next house will be cement slab.

Titanium Dome
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Got it. I thought it was a technical term I didn't recognize.

NancyJ
10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Got it. I thought it was a technical term I didn't recognize.

Titanium

I see you own a pair of the L890's I just bought a pair and got a killer deal.Have been waiting for the price drop for about a year.
I know from looking at various technical data measurments by a couple of decent sources that these speakers may benifit from a little tweaking.

Could I ask you if you have had them apart? inside the cabs is there braces? stuffing? in your home do you have carpet or wood floors?
my understanding is the cabinets could use a little help to get rid of some resonace @ the 250-325hz range, since I would really like real wood cabinets I am strongly considering spending to get cabs that are more the
JBL quality from the older models. one of the reasons i decided to buy them is the measured distortion of the drivers themselfs is very good at very high power!

The other idea is to use the P series 8 incher as the a mid since I belive it can be crossed higher than whats in the box now.
This is strickly speculation and I dont have them yet to say if any of these items will in fact be noticable to me.

For what I paid the drivers alone are worth it, so this is a toy deal for me.
much like the reason i bought the supercharged cobalt bang for the buck
in a modern package.