PDA

View Full Version : Member Standing

Zilch
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
When a member is banned or suspended, I'm requesting that their status be reflected in the "Custom user title" line under their ID.

Their posts remain in place, of course, but it would be appropriate if readers had available the member standing context in which to interpret them....

Robh3606
10-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Why:blink:

What does a Former Members present status have to do with the content or context of their past posts?? We don't ban people for misinformation. Just because they were banned doesn't mean their posts were not a source of good information or relevant to the topic at hand.

Rob:)

4313B
10-06-2007, 08:23 AM
We don't ban people for misinformation.Yes, that has been relaxed significantly. :yes:

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 12:07 PM
When a member is banned or suspended, I'm requesting that their status be reflected in the "Custom user title" line under their ID.

Their posts remain in place, of course, but it would be appropriate if readers had available the member standing context in which to interpret them....

Are you referring to posts made by Nightbrace/Pointsource, if so, I couldn't agree more, none of the posts made by this person should be taken seriously, I just hope that those who visit here regularly are aware of this and will disregard any posts made by either of these 2 member names.

Coming from someone with nothing to contribute but useless banter and constant self-rewarding fantasies about speakers that I could never own, or ever have owned or listened to, and dreams of projects that could have never been been completed in the first place, I know not to listen to what either Nightbrace or Pointsource has to say about anything... :o:

I hope those who know better will agree and that the sanity can resume for those with "real" projects to fulfill.. Good luck to all,. and I bid you all farewell... just please, leave my grandpa out of this, he is a kind honest man and thankfully nothing like me and actually does have something to contribute..

4313B
10-06-2007, 12:20 PM
k

thanks for the heads up

scott fitlin
10-06-2007, 12:25 PM
k

thanks for the heads up:applaud:

Ditto!

Zilch
10-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope those who know better will agree and that the sanity can resume for those with "real" projects to fulfill.. Good luck to all,. and I bid you all farewell... just please, leave my grandpa out of this, he is a kind honest man and thankfully nothing like me and actually does have something to contribute..Well, he was certainly wrong about 414-16C, it would seem.

OH, and you forgot Inspector34!

So, it's YOU doing the posting for grandpa Docspeakers, right Nightbrace?

Is that the deal?

'Cause he's too old to type or something?

Whom shall we enjoy the pleasure of meeting next?

You can't hide here, Scott; give it up:

There are noticable differences...

There is a noticable lack of top end performance....

it makes the Altec's lack of UHF's even more noticable.

Irregardless, they are interchangable,...

... irregardless, is there something I can put on the cones...?

Irregardless of the power rating the Nakamichi sounded great,...

Irregardless the Le5-6's will be a great improvement.

... its easy enough to re-inforce the lower frequencies with a subwoofer
Those EV tweeters should do little more than re-inforce certain frequencies....

All the EV tweeters will really do is re-inforce a certain higher frequency range....

the same as what an EQ will do, re-inforce certain frequencies....

... amoungst the best if not the best coaxial I have ever heard.

So amoungst the 033/044/066, or 035Ti, which should I try...?

Am just looking for the "best" tweeter amoungst this group....

I will say that amoungst people who know better....

... a SX-850 has sounded the BEST to me with the L36's amoungst the 70's I've tried....

The drivers are amoungst the best JBL has ever made,...

... after all these were amoungst the cheapest speakers made by JBL in the 70's/

... their tuners are stellar, amoungst the best ever made as a part of a receiver.

"Interchangable" doesn't count. You could be a bunch of folks here (who shall remain anonymous) with that one.... :p

Ian Mackenzie
10-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Why:blink:

What does a Former Members present status have to do with the content or context of their past posts?? We don't ban people for misinformation. Just because they were banned doesn't mean their posts were not a source of good information or relevant to the topic at hand.

Rob:)

Hi Rob,

I am not sure that was the point of Zich's post.

I read Zilch's post that it would be "useful" to know they were no longer with the forums for various reaons either voluntary or otherwise. That would save a lot of replies and pm's that obviously wont get answered. I think the same issue has was discussed with those who have passed away or if some takes leave of absence or on a holiday. In the later they may not want to be bothered.

Some members have the sense to post they are moving on or won't be arround for a while. Others just dont care apparently. The only other thing I can think of is to have an identifier on the calander or a thread for this.

Ian

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Zilch, Inspector34 was my roommate from college, and yes I've asked a few questions under his account as I was unable to under my own due to being banned... I didn't know wherelse to ask.. I have come clean about everything and I just wish that the sanity would resume and that you'd leave my Grandpa alone, he says that he was upset at the PM's he got about me that he may never post here again.

It was thought for a long time that Storm and I were the same person too, not sure if you just don't have anything else better to do but conjour up conspiracy theory's. but I've been very open about all my misgivings on these forums.

I did help him along through the procedure of posting and such, but all the words spoken through his account were his own, not mine, despite the use of some of the same words. You could say that about virtually anyone..

Pointsource was ME< and always was... and I just didn't want to mention that I was indeed Nightbrace for fear of getting banned again... which inevitably happened anyways.

I was unable to re-subscribe as Nightbrace and I wanted to contribute to this site, the whole "fiasco" over 2 yards of original OE Brown Decade grill material is what got me banned, I sent the cloth twice and I never received any compensation personally in any way. I paid for the cloth, paid for the shipping twice and refunded the other person's money despite not having any of their info due to my account being banned, it took a lot of investigative work on my behalf to get their contact info, but I spent the time needed to rectify the situation.

This person donated to LH on his own free will and he received the cloth and put it to use... and everything has been forgiven... I am human and am allowed to make mistakes, but not a day goes by that I'm not sorry for what happened, and I just didn't know what else to do... I still feel that I have a lot to contribute, but the moderators will not allow me to be a member here ever again because of it... I promised to be a good boy and not mislead people again, but they wouldn't have it.

Not sure what you are trying to prove with all this, but my grandfather's account is his and his alone, I've never typed anything for him, but I did aid him in setting up an account, but I will not ask any questions through him.. And I hope that those here don't assume that he is me, because he is not...

I can no longer post here under any account, my IP address and location is being monitored by the administrator and he is considering taking legal action against me due to the grill cloth fiasco.. and my attempts at sock-puppeting an account under Pointsource despite him not knowing the situation. I have sent numerous emails begging for forgiveness, but have received no responses and I am fearful that the Feds will be at my door one-day due to all this nonsense that will seemingly never end... I just want to move on and be able to be an active member of these forums, under Nightbrace if I have to..

I had a pair of L36's, own a pair of L15's and have a pair of S-99's coming soon, and perhaps a pair of 4315A's when I save the money.. The forum member I purchased them from can attest to my professionalism and authenticity... He was paid promptly and couldn't be happier with the way I handled the transaction with him.

edited... thanks for the heads up Mr. Giskard :)

4313B
10-06-2007, 02:58 PM
:scold: You would do well not to post such information on the Internet my friend. While this forum is more benign than most you are still at risk. Everything goes to Google these days.

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Mr. Giskard, perhaps I'll send it to Zilch in a PM before I get banned again :banghead:

Not sure it matters at this point, but thank you for all your help in the past, I truly thank you... And I really do miss you guys.

Zilch
10-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Inspector34 was your father before it was your ex-roomate, as I recall.... :yes:

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I set an account up for him, I believe it was wordy1? I don't remember, but most definitely not Inspector34.. And I did post briefly as Nightbrace2, but that was banned quickly. as I'm sure this will as well.

scott fitlin
10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Inspector34 was your father before it was your ex-roomate, as I recall.... :yes:Umm, yeah, as I remember it, you most definitely did say Inspector34 was your father.

Gotta get your stories straight, you getting tangled up in your own web!

:D

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
LOL, your right, I can't even remember myself anymore... the insanity has to end... and end now.

scott fitlin
10-06-2007, 03:38 PM
LOL, your right, I can't even remember myself anymore... the insanity has to end... and end now.You said it, and I agree!

:applaud:

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Is there anyway for me to contribute here again? I mean can my Nightbrace account be re-instated? what can I do about becoming a contributing member again? I'd really like to especially with these S-99's on the way. :D

And soon a pair of 4315A's.

I have turned over a new leaf and will be a good boy from now on, I promise, I'll stop posting if there are any problems and no one will have to worry about it.

johnaec
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I wasn't going to get involved, but since the S-99's came up, I do want to say that Scott has been very forthcoming about the deal, (yes, with me, before I even knew there were several ID's behind him).

I can't remember what the original blow-up was about, but personally, I haven't had any problems with Scott. Not an endorsement, 'just an observation...

John

scott fitlin
10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Is there anyway for me to contribute here again? I mean can my Nightbrace account be re-instated? what can I do about becoming a contributing member again? I'd really like to especially with these S-99's on the way. :D

And soon a pair of 4315A's.

I have turned over a new leaf and will be a good boy from now on, I promise, I'll stop posting if there are any problems and no one will have to worry about it.Somehow, I just cant say I truly believe you.

Every time you come here, you get wound up over something, and then its off to the races!

Just gotta wait and see how it goes with you!

;)

Zilch
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I have turned over a new leaf and will be a good boy from now on, I promise, I'll stop posting if there are any problems and no one will have to worry about it.You've promised that several times before, actually.

And you're lying about Docspeakers right now; everybody knows it.

I'd say that's a "problem...." :yes:

Nightbrace3
10-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Somehow, I just cant say I truly believe you.

Every time you come here, you get wound up over something, and then its off to the races!

Just gotta wait and see how it goes with you!

;)

It'll go good this time around if I'm allowed to stay.. if not I understand the circumstances involved.. and I am still sorry... there will be no problems this time, but I wouldn't want to deceive anyone any longer, as its obviously been a problem.

And thanks for the vote of confidence John, I too don't know what all the hubbub is about. It seems old wounds don't heal quickly.. If you care to know whats happened, please send me an email...

scott fitlin
10-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I cant say what is to be. Thats for the administrators to decide. Don, Rob, and Widget.

Titanium Dome
10-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Hmm. I don't know how much the administrators care to flex on these issues.

:argue: :wasnt-me:

:bash: :wasnt-me:

:duel: :wasnt-me:

:flamer: :wasnt-me:

:thnkfast: :wasnt-me:

It would take a lot of trust.