PDA

View Full Version : Altec 9861 Crossover missing capacitor

hmolwitz
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I posted this over on Todd Whites Altec site, but it is hard to post photos over there, and the links go missing so I am reposting here, Apologies in advance for that.
I have a pair of 9861 HF crossovers as seen here: Altec 9861 (http://www.fsinet.or.jp/%7Eash-k/altec2.htm)It appears to be the HF crossover between the 2 HF units, but they are missing the C1 capacitor, apparantly scavenged by someone somewhere along the line.
Does anyone have an idea of what that capacitor might be? Or what the crossover points would be.
This is apparently the ELTORI Japanese line of Studio Monitors by Altec.
The stying of the crossover exactly matches a n n1285 crossover I have but it is vertically oriented intead of horizontally and is marked as made in Mexico.
This is a 2 way crossover, but lacks the large coil I would expect for LF, instead there are 2 modest coils.
This crossover was front mounted with HF and MF knobs, so I am thinking there was a primary crossover internally or in the rear for the LF driver and that split off to this Driver.
I will attempt to post some photos later.

I am unsure what to do with these, I purchased them off Ebay in a box with some other random stuff.
The Component list for the 9861 may have been:
902-16hf or a 902-8a(The little one with the tiny Manta Ray as seen on some of the later 604s
Thanks
Harry

hmolwitz
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Happy

Rockinghorse
09-05-2021, 10:43 PM
Hi Harry,
i wonder if you still have these crossovers for the Altec 9861 speakers... I am needing to either buy a pair or find a diagram to have a pair made. Hope you can help. Regards Ric

I posted this over on Todd Whites Altec site, but it is hard to post photos over there, and the links go missing so I am reposting here, Apologies in advance for that.
I have a pair of 9861 HF crossovers as seen here: Altec 9861 (http://www.fsinet.or.jp/%7Eash-k/altec2.htm)It appears to be the HF crossover between the 2 HF units, but they are missing the C1 capacitor, apparantly scavenged by someone somewhere along the line.
Does anyone have an idea of what that capacitor might be? Or what the crossover points would be.
This is apparently the ELTORI Japanese line of Studio Monitors by Altec.
The stying of the crossover exactly matches a n n1285 crossover I have but it is vertically oriented intead of horizontally and is marked as made in Mexico.
This is a 2 way crossover, but lacks the large coil I would expect for LF, instead there are 2 modest coils.
This crossover was front mounted with HF and MF knobs, so I am thinking there was a primary crossover internally or in the rear for the LF driver and that split off to this Driver.
I will attempt to post some photos later.

I am unsure what to do with these, I purchased them off Ebay in a box with some other random stuff.
The Component list for the 9861 may have been:
902-16hf or a 902-8a(The little one with the tiny Manta Ray as seen on some of the later 604s
Thanks
Harry

Cyclotronguy
09-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Have you tried reaching out to Electori?
[email protected]

Cheers
Kent

Rockinghorse
09-13-2021, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot. I’ll let you know how I go. Kind regards

Have you tried reaching out to Electori?
[email protected]

Cheers
Kent

Rockinghorse
09-26-2021, 04:48 PM
No luck I’m afraid..any other suggestions greatly appreciated!