PDA

View Full Version : Custom LE14C cabs

Docspeakers
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I found a pair of LE14C's thanks to a forum member and my grandson :).. they are in transit...

For now I have a pair of S-99 cabs I can use.

Would there be any benefit to building larger cabs for them?
If so, how large, and what port size?

And how difficult would it be to locate some factory LX2-1 networks? If they prove to be too rare to find, does someone has the schematics so I can build them??

Thanks guys...

Zilch
10-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Seems your grandson asked the same questions recently.... :yes:

Also,. what would I need to do to modify the networks to accept the LE14C?? The cabinet size and porting should be the same as the LE14A correct?

Docspeakers
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Yes, he has been helping me, at my age, I am too old to be moving these speakers around and do everything myself.. He stops by on the weekends and was the one who told me about this site..

Don C
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I'd suggest to copy the 240Ti cabinet. But place the speaker higher in the cabinet than where the 240 has it's woofer.

Zilch
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes, he has been helping me, at my age, I am too old to be moving these speakers around and do everything myself.. He stops by on the weekends and was the one who told me about this site..I'm afraid you are no less transparent and incompetent a poseur than you were last week, last month, or a year ago, Scott, and I suspect some members may be rather put off by your "playing" them on these forums like this....

hjames
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm afraid you are no less transparent and incompetent a poseur than you were last week, last month, and a year ago, Scott, and I suspect some members may be rather put off by your "playing" them on these forums like this....

maybe he has no life and must come here to be of worth??

Or - you guys are just too cool to leave behind!

Zilch
10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Naw, 'tis the Seņorita he seeks to impress with his boundless grasp of all matters audio.... :p

hjames
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Naw, 'tis the Seņorita he seeks to impress with his boundless grasp of all matters audio.... :p

Nah, he just wanted to sell me some of his spare L36s -
but since I sold my old pair I have no need for such little pieces now ...
:applaud: