PDA

View Full Version : 125A Woofer Dust Cap?

TGBTG7701
09-22-2007, 08:11 AM
I have a pair of L36 speakers, I had to replace the foam surrounds on the woofers. The surrounds had been replaced before, the cone, basket, and dust cap had an excessive amount of glue. I was not able to remove all the glue from the cone around the dust cap area, because of fear of damage, this did not allow me to mount the dust cap inverted. When I bought the speakers, they needed surrounds, I did not play them until repaired, so I can not judge before and after sound. Do you think this effected the performance of the woofer much? :dont-know

Thanks

Zilch
09-22-2007, 10:23 AM
No, not much. 125A and 127A are interchangeable, in my experience, "innie" or "outie," as you prefer. :D

Is there a reason for the difference? Well, sure, but I can't pretend to hear or otherwise identify it....

JBL Nutcase
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a set of L26's. One has a 125A woofer and the other is a 127A woofer. Both have the inverted dustcap as original. I am not sure what you were all talking about but is one supposed to have an outie and one an innie?Mine are the same. Was there a spec difference between them and if so why would they be in the same model cabinet?