PDA

View Full Version : G-732 Speakers

RIGGED
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Greetings from Houston folks. Has anyone ever heard this model of speaker before? If so, what can be expected from them?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/ele/423576723.html

Also, what would be a good price to offer this dude?

Thanks,

RIGGED

Zilch
09-18-2007, 12:19 PM
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/G-Series/G-732.pdf

Second- or third-tier sound reinforcement gear.

$250 - $400 the pair, depending on condition.

I've never heard them.

Need subs, quite apparently....

JBL Dog
09-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Greetings from Houston folks. Has anyone ever heard this model of speaker before? If so, what can be expected from them?

Thanks,

RIGGED

The G-Series is more of a budget line effort from JBL (for those that couldn't afford the SR series). I had, at one time, The G718 subs (loaded E155-4) and the G733 -- (I may have the model # wrong) it was a 3-way loaded with a 10" (don't know model), 2118H 8" and 2371/2416H horn/driver. They sounded okay for DJ work. Not wild about the cabinets. All materials were of low quality, the handles and corners were breaking all the time. I wouldn't offer more than $200 tops. If you don't like them, you can sell the parts.

RIGGED
09-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I plan on using them for my mains in my living room. My main listening choices of music are rock and country/western. I was just wondering if anyone in here could comment on their sound.

Thanks,

RIGGED

RIGGED
09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
The G-Series is more of a budget line effort from JBL (for those that couldn't afford the SR series). I had, at one time, The G718 subs (loaded E155-4) and the G733 -- (I may have the model # wrong) it was a 3-way loaded with a 10" (don't know model), 2118H 8" and 2371/2416H horn/driver. They sounded okay for DJ work. Not wild about the cabinets. All materials were of low quality, the handles and corners were breaking all the time. I wouldn't offer more than $200 tops. If you don't like them, you can sell the parts.

Thanks for the informative replies fellows-I appreciate the advice. I think I'm going to pass on these speakers for now.

RIGGED

JBL Dog
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the informative replies fellows-I appreciate the advice. I think I'm going to pass on these speakers for now.

RIGGED

You're welcome. You may want to consider avoiding the JBL pro series for consumer applications. If your budget is $300 (give or take), look at the JBL L100T. One of the best eBay/CL values out there IMO.

RIGGED
09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
You're welcome. You may want to consider avoiding the JBL pro series for consumer applications. If your budget is $300 (give or take), look at the JBL L100T. One of the best eBay/CL values out there IMO.

I used to own a pair of L80Ts back in the day and they sounded sweet. I'm leaning more towards PA sound these days though. My budget is 1,000 clams and I'm still searching. I've heard that the Cabaret series rocks as does the SR series.

RIGGED

Zilch
09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
COOL!

Great hearing loss accelerators:

JBL Dog
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I used to own a pair of L80Ts back in the day and they sounded sweet. I'm leaning more towards PA sound these days though. My budget is 1,000 clams and I'm still searching. I've heard that the Cabaret series rocks as does the SR series.

RIGGED

I love the Cabaret Series!! Zilch has pictured the Cabaret 4691B (arguably the best 2-way 15" pro series speaker JBL has ever produced). I have a set of SR4725A's for sale if St. Louis isn't too far out of the way.

:D

edgewound
09-20-2007, 03:33 PM
If you can find...and are so inclined on PA stuff....get the Cabaret Series 4628B

E145, 2118J, 2404H-1 baby butt cheeks.

By far the best frequency range of all systems suitable for home cranking.

They actually sound pretty good down low too...but lacks bottom end when played soft. It's a decent trade off considering what they'll do in a home theater system.

mesickmoose
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
I dj'ed with 4 g734's for a long while. They worked out quite well. If you're playing your tunes for a bunch of people in a club or at a wedding the g series is fine.

In your living room is fine too if you're in a college dorm.......now thats just an opinion......

I would suggest something nicer for home, a little less commercial. There are a lot of options out there.

RIGGED
10-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the replies dudes. Forgive the late response, I travel quite a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted when I finally make a decision. Thanks for the offer on them SRs but you're a bit too far from Texas.

What are ya'lls opinion on 2 way vs 3 way speakers?

Thanks,

RIGGED

grumpy
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Is there a "smilie" for blowing smoke...?

hjames
10-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the replies dudes. Forgive the late response, I travel quite a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted when I finally make a decision. Thanks for the offer on them SRs but you're a bit too far from Texas.

What are ya'lls opinion on 2 way vs 3 way speakers?

Thanks,

RIGGED

Thanks,
RIGGED

Dang - you think the NY ad you opened with might be a bit far from Texas
- at least, as compared to St Louis?

3 way vs 2 way? Some like them, some don't.

My current preference is 4 ways.

What you like? :)

RIGGED
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
lol Perhaps my initial post(imbibing Coronas while typing) should have said "what would be a good price to to pay for a pair of speakers like these".
There was a pair just like these for sale in Austin but the dude was asking 600 bucks for them.
Funny thing is, I'm in Avoca, NY on business at the moment.

I've owned all kinds of speakers and in my older age I've gravitated towards the PA sound. I had a pair of Klipsch Forte IIs, they sounded ok but I didn't like that whole passive radiator thing. I prefer that more in your face "slam" sound that PA monitors produce.

I'm undecided on 3 way vs 2 way. I've owned both and each style has it's own unique sound. I would prefer a 3 way speaker that has a horn tweeter, horn midrange, and a 18" woofer.Does JBL make such a beast?

Thanks,

RIGGED

clmrt
10-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Yep!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/437059809.html

RIGGED
10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Cool, thanks.

Has anyone heard these bad boys before?

Thanks,

RIGGED