PDA

View Full Version : Reattaching the insulation cone for the midrange...

Allen65
09-13-2007, 02:56 AM
I know I'm not technically correct here, but now that I have my tweeters and sound lined out, I want to permanently re-attach the insulation cone that is behind the midrange on my L100t speaker. Tried wood glue first time and it just wouldn't hold, is there somethig better to use for this?

Thanks, Allen

John W
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
I've had good success with polyurethane construction adhesive for tasks like this.
http://www.stickwithpl.com/products/detail.asp?PLProductID=14
You can find it at most home stores for about $4.

Allen65
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
:D

edgewound
09-13-2007, 01:37 PM
I assume you're referring to the cardboard tube sub-chamber. Hot melt glue gun works every time.

fotodan
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Second the hot mlet glue..:yes:

Thom
09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
If you live in certain parts of the world (Fresno will do) hot glue is temporary. Goop or Eutectec6000 is perfect. If you want to use hot glue to keep it in place till the other glue dries go for it. When I lived in Sacramento I discovered hot glue and thought it was a miracle. Then August rolled around and every thing fell apart. Just think if you live in Thermal or Needles or Barstow.

There is nothing wrong with the construction adhesive already suggested either. The E6000 (Goop is the same) can be found at any TAP plastics. The construction adhesive can be found at any home depot. Wear gloves if you use that panel adhesive or if you find something that will take it off your hands please post it. I have worn it for more than a week before.

edgewound
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
If you live in certain parts of the world (Fresno will do) hot glue is temporary.

Craft-grade hot melt....maybe might let go...if you leave it in the car on a 120 degree day.

But....if you use industrial grade, high temp stuff, you can't beat the convenience, quick grab time and durability.

Yes...it works good. Check 'em out. Lot's 'o choices.

http://www.bostik-us.com/products/index.asp?fa=categories&divisionId=3&categoryId=54