PDA

View Full Version : LE20-1 Cone Replacement?

dougzilla
02-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I saw on another thread that JBL may still stock some LE20-1 cone/voicecoil/housing kits. How can I get one? Does JBL sell parts direct to consumers? Is there a part number?

Thanks,

johnaec
02-24-2004, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure if mine were LE20-1, but I just reconed two in my S99s with NOS JBL kit D8RLE20 - I bought these kits from A Brown Sound in San Rafael, CA a couple years ago - they may still have some.

GordonW
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
When I last ordered LE25 cone kits, they sent me one LE25 and what was obviously, a LE20-1 cone kit. When I asked, I was told these were acoustically identical. So, if you can't find the LE20-1 kit anywhere, apparently the LE25 kit should work... only thing, is that you'll have to re-route the wires around the perimeter of the cone, since the LE25 has its wire terminals in slightly different places. AFAIK, there should be plenty of wire there, to do so, on the kits...

Regards,
Gordon.

dougzilla
02-26-2004, 10:58 PM
I checked A Brown Soun and Orange County Speaker, but neither has the kits any more.

Looked on eBay for LE20/LE20-1 and nothing looked that good, but it seems they come up fairly often. I may continue searching there.

I'll post something on the Marketplace forum. Meantime, if any member has an extra LE20-1 (or two), acoustically OK, I'm in the market please PM me. Need 8 ohm (not sure if they were also out as 16 ohm, but just for avoidance of doubt...).

Thanx,

GordonW
02-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Well, I've just aquired a SINGLE early-model L100... I'm debating whether to part it out. No grille, the LE5-2 is dead (needs reconing), but both the LE20-1 and 123-1 work.

If you can't find one otherwise, pester me in a while, and I may be willing to part this thing out, unless of course I find a "mate" for it or something in the meantime...

Regards,
Gordon.