PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Used Flexible PVC For Ports?

toddalin
09-08-2007, 09:56 AM
In accordance with the WinISD program, my 1.4 cu ft cabinets with the W10GTIs would like about a 14" long, 3" dia port. To fit this in the cabinet I would either need to use an elbow, or flexible pvc.

The question is has anyone ever tried flexible pvc for this purpose and if so, how were your results?

As an alternative, would it make a real difference if I used a 90 degree elbow (easier), or two 45 degree elbows (more difficult) fitted together?

Thanks guys.

edgewound
09-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd go with the 90 degree elbow...it's smooth and like you said easier.

I'd skip the flex due to restrictive flow from the corrugations, and the propensity to vibrate in the box.

Thom
09-08-2007, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't consider this an answer but I would think you would want a smooth consistent internal cross section and if you have that I would think you would be OK. I'm not sure where you take your measurement for length around bends.

macaroonie
09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
right down the middle:p

westend
09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
A 90 elbow is the way to go. As Mr. macaroonie has said, calculate the distance from the center of the bend. If you are apprehesive about an accurate measure fom the center, don't be. If you're off by 1/4" or so it won't make any discernible difference. Good luck with the port.