PDA

View Full Version : Could a setup with these speakers.......

Dylanl
09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Speakers are 2205's, 2225's. Horns are 2440's with 2328 adapters

System includes 4 subs, 2 mids and horns

Work for a home application?

Thanks

speakerdave
09-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Speakers are 2205's, 2225's. Horns are 2440's with 2328 adapters

System includes 4 subs, 2 mids and horns

Work for a home application?

Thanks

None of the drivers you mention are "subs."

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I think these are drivers for the speakers. A friend wants to know if I would like them for a nominal fee

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Here is a picture of the horns? If you had to put a pricetag on the stuff what would you say?

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes I was thinking about the home application. I have heard that the horns could replace the mid range driver I have in my Klipschorns. I need to get an estimated worth to see if I even want them.

Thanks

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Here is a close up of the subs

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 08:36 AM
OK so these are not that desirable if you are saying 1200 for all. All the 15's are in great shape nothing blown. Do they not sound good for home audio. If I did get them for 1200.00 and tried to sell later would I take a loss in case they don't work for me?

Thanks

louped garouv
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM
are those scoops on the bottom?

could be lots of fun as a disco system...

:)

I know plenty of guys that would like the sound of those at home....
they would play them entirely too loud too...

Dylanl
09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes they are scoops

What I am looking for is the answer to this question.

Should I buy them if I can get them for 1000.00 - 1200.00

louped garouv
09-07-2007, 11:29 AM
personally, I would....

but my goals are probably different than yours...

Titanium Dome
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes, buy them if you'll truly use them, i.e., have the time and energy to devote to setting them up correctly for home use and understand how to put them in home-friendly enclosures with modified networks. Otherwise, you're just tying up your money.

louped garouv
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
they look pretty home friendly to me.....

;)

Zilch
09-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Could a setup with these speakers work for a home [stereo] application?Not real well, no.

For that money, you could get something more practical that would sound much better.

That's sound reinforcement gear. For home, you want monitors.

I'm thinking 4430s, of course.... :thmbsup:

Thom
09-08-2007, 02:40 PM
It's very subjective. It would be best if you could hear them and make up your own mind. You will probably find people whose opinion you respect who would love them and others who would say they just don't belong in a house. If you can listen to them it would be best. You may love them. You may not. They will be impressive and they will be dynamic.

JSF13
09-08-2007, 02:55 PM
=I'm thinking 4430s, of course.... :thmbsup:

:thmbsup:

westend
09-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes they are scoops

What I am looking for is the answer to this question.

Should I buy them if I can get them for 1000.00 - 1200.00The market for sound reinforcement gear is pretty much a buyer's market. You might be able to get the $1000 back but could take a long time. That kind of setup could be bought entirely new for less. You would probably be better off getting something more purposeful for home use, if that is indeed your goal. I, recently, listened to a pair of NHT reference speakers (small) accompanied by two subwoofers, biamped with vintage Kenwood gear. The listening room was small and the setup filled the room more than adequately. This session changed my views on what size of speakers are necesary for dynamic range in a home setup. The owner also had a pair of Paradigm Reference floorstanders to AB with the NHT's and the latter were the winner, IMO.

Titanium Dome
09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
The listening room was small and the setup filled the room more than adequately. This session changed my views on what size of speakers are necesary for dynamic range in a home setup.

Exactly. Too many folks have way too much output for the space. One of the complaints I heard from a Synthesis installer was that people wanted to put the big volume sets into small volume rooms because they wanted the "best" sound.

Well, JBL puts room volume parameters on these systems for a reason.

I wish JBL would put room volume recommendations on its consumer gear, too.

As for pro gear, it's made for big spaces (except obviously studio monitors), and it just can't be optimized as designed for use in a normal home and be expected to operate at optimum output.

57BELAIRE
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
These would be perfect for a house setup at a local bar, but it's true,
you can get the equivalent sound in half the size.

I love those scoops!

Thom
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM
The market for sound reinforcement gear is pretty much a buyer's market. You might be able to get the $1000 back but could take a long time. That kind of setup could be bought entirely new for less. You would probably be better off getting something more purposeful for home use, if that is indeed your goal. I, recently, listened to a pair of NHT reference speakers (small) accompanied by two subwoofers, biamped with vintage Kenwood gear. The listening room was small and the setup filled the room more than adequately. This session changed my views on what size of speakers are necesary for dynamic range in a home setup. The owner also had a pair of Paradigm Reference floorstanders to AB with the NHT's and the latter were the winner, IMO.

Lots of people wouldn't want this in their bed room but I challenge that it could be bought new for $1000.

If you can listen to them that is best. They look like a good deal if you like them. Some people would love them (probably, I haven't heard them) many people wouldn't. For sure they need to have enough control that you can tame part of it relative yo other parts of it. It would really be best if you can listen to it.