PDA

View Full Version : Tangerine Phase plugs

garyl
09-04-2007, 03:53 AM
In the recent past I have seen a few driver bodies offered for sale but missing the tangerines.

Those who are familiar with the 802 G and 808 B models will understand this as many of the phase plugs come un glued. It easy to see how they can get seperated and never to be found again for repair.

Has anyone ever found a source for these.

I know a while back I had a number of crossover networks missing the standard altec knobs. Through a stroke of luck I was able to locate the company that produced them for Altec and they actually agreed to resurect the molds and make a run of them for me. Up until then the only way to find a new knob was to buy a used XO or find a set on the auction or at an old shop.

There is no info on the tangerines and I have no idea waht company they were sourced to. At present I assume if you have a driver body missing the tangerine then you have nothing more then a paper weight with a nice alnico.

Gary

Russellc
09-04-2007, 06:37 AM
In the recent past I have seen a few driver bodies offered for sale but missing the tangerines.

Those who are familiar with the 802 G and 808 B models will understand this as many of the phase plugs come un glued. It easy to see how they can get seperated and never to be found again for repair.

Has anyone ever found a source for these.

I know a while back I had a number of crossover networks missing the standard altec knobs. Through a stroke of luck I was able to locate the company that produced them for Altec and they actually agreed to resurect the molds and make a run of them for me. Up until then the only way to find a new knob was to buy a used XO or find a set on the auction or at an old shop.

There is no info on the tangerines and I have no idea waht company they were sourced to. At present I assume if you have a driver body missing the tangerine then you have nothing more then a paper weight with a nice alnico.

Gary

I am sure Great Plains Audio can supply one, or repair your drivers, they still make the 902 which uses this phase plug.

Russellc

garyl
09-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Thanks Russ, I'll check with Bill on this.

Gary