PDA

View Full Version : Altec Green, how to reproduce this color?

chrlsflwrs1@hot
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I really like the 'altec green' color shade. However, I dont have an actual piece painted this color to take to the paint shop to get em to reproduce it. Anybody have any ideas on how to get some paint in this color?

oldsoundz
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I've wondered this many times myself. Something about that color...

00Robin
08-15-2007, 05:25 AM
And then there is that yellowish/gold colour of the larger Altecs. I rarely even see those anymore. But I must admit,I am of the green Altec lover,colour and the whole works. There's just SOMETHING about that green.

Maron Horonzakz
08-15-2007, 06:05 AM
With a million shades of green , Its impossible to describe without a sample chip to compare.;)

glen
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Wasn't Altec a kind of hammertone green, sort of like this Rust-Oleum CombiColor sample?

jblwolf
08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi all,over the years(Im real old)Ive now seen 3 different greens,the last was this solid real light green.I guess it has to do with the year it was put out/model it is,I also have a 811s that hammer tone green and a 511 that is dark green.I do know they are all original paint.I will post pictures when I find where I put them.Told you I was real old:blink:

trueview
08-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I'll have wrinkled brown on mine please :D

00Robin
08-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Wasn't Altec a kind of hammertone green, sort of like this Rust-Oleum CombiColor sample?
Thats it...or the one he wants I really think.

Krunchy
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I will post pictures when I find where I put them.Told you I was real old:blink:

Hi JBLWolf, sure would like to see some of those other greens you described. Boy you really must be old :D !

clubman
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Kinda off the subject but I have had the JBL orange color matched b4. Use it to touch up or completely repaint the logo on some of their models. Anyone know where and why orange came into play???

00Robin
08-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Kinda off the subject but I have had the JBL orange color matched b4. Use it to touch up or completely repaint the logo on some of their models. Anyone know where and why orange came into play???
THAT'S what I meant,not the yellowish/gold I flapped about. The big 18" orange Altecs. I'd like to know too. Anyone have these?? Why? What is the diff other than size?

Tom Brennan
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Some nice greenies.

scott fitlin
08-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Those are nice Tom.

:bouncy:

glen
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I found this on the web, and didn't notice at first that the source was in the UK.

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=130492&MAN=Rustoleum-7332-Hammertone-Paint-Light-Green-750-Ml

Rustoleum 7332 Hammertone Paint Light Green 750 Ml

COMBICOLOR, STOPS RUST!
CombiColor® metal primer and topcoat in one from RUST-OLEUM is the premium metal coating for quick and easy maintenance of interior and exterior metal objects. It has been specially formulated to offer protection for years in minutes thus saving time, money and worry!

Longer metal protection is guaranteed by its rust preventive pigments and its superior long-lasting elasticity in changing weather conditions. Application in minutes is assured thanks to the minimal surface preparation (direct to manually de-rusted surfaces), one coat hiding and superior levelling characteristics result in no brush strokes, even on the largest areas.

Pack sizes now include 250 ml, 750 ml and 2.5 litres can sizes and 400 ml aerosols. Available in 5 finishes and a variety of 49 popular colours. Specially appointed stockists can even offer a special colour service of up to 3,500 industry standard colours.

The complete range also includes cleaner/degreasers, anti-rust primers for even longer anti-corrosion protection and adhesion primers for use on new galvanised and other smooth surfaces.

Considering all this, and the fact that thanks to its higher solids contents CombiColor allows you to paint more square meters per litre than most other metal paints, it’s not remarkable that CombiColor has been the professionals choice since 1985!

glen
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM

Over here they are called Rust-Oleum "Hammered" available in spray or quarts:
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=29
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=159

But their lighter green color "Verde Green" 7219830 doesn't look much like Altec (see arrow) and is only avaialble in spray.
Maybe the "Deep Green" could be mixed with the Silver to lighten it up?
Or maybe the color swatches are a little off?

chrlsflwrs1@hot
08-16-2007, 06:08 PM
YES!!! thats the color I am goin for to redo my black 511b's in a homebrew cab. Those are really good shape, I am jealous. What are those, 2 8" below? I'm planning a active crossed bi-amp 2 way. Cant decide to go with one 12 or maybe 2 10 woofs, bass will be handled with a nice fast sub anyway. How's that setup work for u?

00Robin
08-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Some nice greenies.

oh golly...even though I have my own 604c's...just SEEING these gets me all excited! I am such a girl. Probably a good thing that I really am.

CONVERGENCE
08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
The colour your looking for is Jade Green.

Tom Brennan
08-18-2007, 06:37 AM
YES!!! thats the color I am goin for to redo my black 511b's in a homebrew cab. Those are really good shape, I am jealous. What are those, 2 8" below? I'm planning a active crossed bi-amp 2 way. Cant decide to go with one 12 or maybe 2 10 woofs, bass will be handled with a nice fast sub anyway. How's that setup work for u?

Those are a pair of model 414 12"ers. Very good woofers, excellent upper bass and midrange, glorious vocal reproduction. The 804 compression drivers have been replaced with new GPA 902-16s, not that it made much difference, just something to play around with.