PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer (B460) as TV stand?

doyall
08-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I picked up a B460 this weekend. Wow, what a monster. (Pristine condition BTW.) Looks like the only logical place for it is under a plasma TV. It may be that I have to put the TV directly on top of the B460. Can I anticipate any problems with the sub's vibration and TV function/life span? IOW, will the TV circuits/screen be negatively affected from doing this?

grumpy
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
FWIW, I think I'd mount it on the wall before subjecting the electronics to direct
coupled vibration... It'll vibrate in a room that has a B460 exercising in it anyway :),
but not likely as much as if set right on top (certainly possible to have a nasty
vibration come through a wall mount, but much less likely). -grumpy

mech986
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Also, the 2245H is not shielded so could affect CRT TV's and maybe interfere with LCD/Plasma's. Best to consult the TV/Panel MFG and evaluate. I agree though that it's best to isolate fragile or semifragile displays from the direct contact of a subwoofer. No telling what the resonant frequecy of the TV is but I don't think you want to find out. Wall mount for the TV is best and provides better isolation.

Regards,

Bart