PDA

View Full Version : Big Muthas

Oldmics
08-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Heres some speakers that only come thru the shop ocasionally.

Turbosound 21 inch woofers.Cooked and in for reconing :applaud:

Thought you guys might want to take a gander at these beasts.

Enjoy,Oldmics

John
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Did they come out of a cabinet that looked like this?

Andyoz
08-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Jeez, it takes alot to cook a 6" voicecoil? They've taken some abuse.

Oldmics
08-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Yep,Thats them!

John
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Yep,Thats them!

I hauled these for a guy up to Madison WI. He got them from Mike Caldwell in Ohio. They were unloaded and the buyer told me he was going to put some 18" JBL,s in them.?:blah: I am glad they had the wheel's and that they were minus the 21's but they were still a pain in the back to boost them up to the floor of the 53' trailer from ground level. No ramp in the middle of a K-mart lot.:(

Mike Caldwell
08-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey John.... I remember loading those one dark night in the abandoned parking lot...kinda like an undercover covert mission! When I got the cabinets there were still pieces of what looked like burned cone material laying around inside! Story had it that at one time they were Bon Jovi's subs for the drum monitor!

Did he ever get them loaded up?

Mike Caldwell

mikebake
08-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Sad that people have gone to the point of a sub like that for a drum monitor. Deafening, literally. I'm seeing more IE monitors on local/regional bands, which is great.

Mike Caldwell
08-09-2007, 07:17 AM
At the other end of the drum monitor spectrum there is a local drummer that really don't care if he has a monitor or not....and he is a very good drummer!

Mike Caldwell

John
08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Mike I never heard back from him if he did or not? The guy told me he wanted to use those for the bottom end of a tri-amped barn system. I told him to give me a shout when it's all set up and I would drop in for a listen.

I am not sure if he keeps livestock in there, but I like the concept. :dj-party: