PDA

View Full Version : NEED JBL UPGRADE CROSSOVERS

AUDIOFIN
07-27-2007, 11:05 AM
DEAR SIRS,
IM NEW AT THIS FORUM BUT HAVE A LOT OF INTEREST TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR THREADS. IM FROM CHILE AND A FANATIC JBL AND OTHER BRANDS COLLECTOR. THERE IS A FEW PEOPLE HERE WHO LIKE AND COLLECT VINTAGE AUDIO GEAR LIKE ME SO I FEEL MORE CONFORTABLE IN YOUR SITE.:)
IM ON NEED OF SOME ONE WHO CAN PROVIDE ME UPGRADE HAND MADE CROSSOVERS FOR SOME OF MY STUDIO MONITORS LIKE 4350, 4343 AND A LOT OF DIY PROYECTS THAT I HAVE MADE WITH JBL COMPONENTS
LIKE C-43 SCOOP WITH 375 DRIVER,HARTSFIELD HORN/LENSES, 077HF AND MORE

:bs:THERES A LOT OF INTEREST ITEMS TO FIND HERE IN MY COUNTRY AS A LOT OF OLD WESTERN ELECTRIC ITEMS I HAVE SOLD IN THE PAST VIA EBAY SO I HAVE A LOT OF WORK SEARCHING
ANY HELP ABOUT THE CROSSOVERS WILL BE APPRECIATED,
HERES MY WEB PAGE IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A LOOK TO MY STUFF www.schiaffinovintageaudio.com (http://www.schiaffinovintageaudio.com):bouncy:

REGARDS
CRISTIAN SCHIAFFINO

Storm
07-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Nice collection!

Out of all of that, I see no JBL 250Ti's - any reason for that, or are they rare over there in your parts of the world?

;)

Welcome to the forum!

-Storm.

AUDIOFIN
07-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Nice collection!

Out of all of that, I see no JBL 250Ti's - any reason for that, or are they rare over there in your parts of the world?

;)

Welcome to the forum!

-Storm.
HI STORM

I HAVE HAD BUT I HAVE TO SELL IN A DEPRESSION TIME, THEY ARE THE PRETTIEST SPEAKERS MADE BY JBL BUT I PREFER BIG SOUND, I HOPE TO FIND ANOTHER PAIR HERE

Storm
07-27-2007, 12:03 PM
HI STORM

I HAVE HAD BUT I HAVE TO SELL IN A DEPRESSION TIME, THEY ARE THE PRETTIEST SPEAKERS MADE BY JBL BUT I PREFER BIG SOUND, I HOPE TO FIND ANOTHER PAIR HERE

How are they not big sounding?

Compare against your big JBL monitors...

;)

-Storm.

AUDIOFIN
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
How are they not big sounding?

Compare against your big JBL monitors...

;)

-Storm.

250TI ARE RARE AND EXPENSIVE, EVERITHING IR RARE HERE, REMEMBER WE ARE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD .
I AM ON THE OLD FASHION WAY SO
MY PREFERENCES ARE PRE 80īs STUFF AND MOVING TO REAR LOADING HORNS LOOKING FOR LOWEST FUNDAMENTALS TONES.....

Titanium Dome
07-28-2007, 01:13 PM
That's a wonderful collection of vintage gear on your Web site. Do you get a lot of customers? I see you use some technical people and cabinetmakers to help you in the restoration. How much do you do yourself?

Personally, I am not too interested in vintage gear, although I really enjoy seeing and listening to other people's collections. Yours is very well presented.

I do have my original L100 Centuries that I bought new in 1970 and a couple of pieces from the 80s, but most is from the 90s and later.

There are many more vintage fans here than there are fans of the newer models, so you should find many helpers in working to restore your beautiful classic gear.

AUDIOFIN
07-28-2007, 04:32 PM
That's a wonderful collection of vintage gear on your Web site. Do you get a lot of customers? I see you use some technical people and cabinetmakers to help you in the restoration. How much do you do yourself?

Personally, I am not too interested in vintage gear, although I really enjoy seeing and listening to other people's collections. Yours is very well presented.

I do have my original L100 Centuries that I bought new in 1970 and a couple of pieces from the 80s, but most is from the 90s and later.

There are many more vintage fans here than there are fans of the newer models, so you should find many helpers in working to restore your beautiful classic gear.

HI TITANIUM

THANK FOR YOUR WORDS..... IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE WHO CAN MADE SOME CROSSOVERS FOR ME LET ME KNOW!

Ian Mackenzie
07-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Nice gallery but I am not sure the Bose is appropriate.

There are numerous threads on the forums on upgraded crossovers.

There are a few people who do this on the forums but you will find there is a queue.

AUDIOFIN
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi Mr. Ian

Its a pleasure to meet you although via mail, here is imposible to find people with love for the vintage gear, everybody is thinking in the imposible alexandrias from Wilson audio or items like this. i want to enlarge my vintage stuff but with a renovate sound. old cabinets design are real beauties for me but not always sounds as i would like, thats why im looking for the man with the expertise who can changing some electronic components bring more live to some of my old fashion speakers.
About the Bose, they are there beacause they were my first adquisitions when i begin, noooot for its sounds!!!

Heres my personal email if you know someone who can assist in this field
[email protected]

Kind regards
Cristian

AUDIOFIN
07-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Mr Ian :applaud:

I have saw your speakers and some of the 43xx are the dream speakers in this forum , my friend Kenji from japan audio 43xx freak did a real good versions of them, i use to buy some aluminium nameplates for my 43XX series, the best in the market.
Maybe in a future you can help me converting my 4343 in your 4345. its possible? by the way i have bought the grill plates from the 4345 mkii?? in gold plated version, its a good begining
:)
thanks
Cristian

Ian Mackenzie
07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Mr Ian :applaud:

I have saw your speakers and some of the 43xx are the dream speakers in this forum , my friend Kenji from japan audio 43xx freak did a real good versions of them, i use to buy some aluminium nameplates for my 43XX series, the best in the market.
Maybe in a future you can help me converting my 4343 in your 4345. its possible? by the way i have bought the grill plates from the 4345 mkii?? in gold plated version, its a good begining
:)
thanks
Cristian

As long as you don't call me Mr JBL...LOL

Okay,

I am busy for a for a few month but we can look at it later in the year.

Mr Ian

AUDIOFIN
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi Ian
i will be waiting your instructions, here in Chile we are very respecful with people, thats why i call you Mr.Ian
any info will be appreciate
Cristian