PDA

View Full Version : Missing my JBL's

realred2
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
So I made the mistake of Selling my JBL equipment because the living room went to On wall equipment...TV. Speakers, reciever, ect...

Not that I had anything great, infact I didn't really have anything good, as far as most of you are concerned, just some low end Best Buy/Sears available equipment. But I can't seem to find any information on my equipment. Nor can I find replacement equipment of the same type. I had a simple 5.1 setup, with JBL Decade Series D315 Fronts and a 3 piece THX Movies 3 setup for Center and surrounds. I never realized how much I enjoyed it till we "upgraded" (G/F wanted half her living room back) to a Samsung HTIB setup (HTP-1200) and had trouble with Voices. I'd also like to state that those D315's made for some great parties. I had a JBL Sub, the amp went out and BB offered to replace it with a comparable product....lol, what a joke, they gave me a "Same size/power sub" from Sony, that when set up with the D315's would be over powered by them, so it got shut off and just filled space.

Alright I think I've gone on long enough, but would love some information on my D315's and maybe tell me the $75 I got for the 5 pieces was ok at a garage sale last summer? (had the D315's from 99, the THX Movies from 2000, up untill 2006)
Hello all. And I look forward to Buildling my Home theater room with all JBL/Crown equipment.

pelly3s
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
just make sure you keep it simple with big horns :applaud: and lots of 2242's

realred2
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I've never had the privlage of listening to Horns in a Home environment....

pelly3s
07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
well then you are missing everything lol my favorite design is a 2 way with a horn. i like my stuff to be simple