PDA

View Full Version : Help Made Magnetizer Machine

lindomar
07-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello for all...
Wanted if possible that some helps me the to build one it project magnetizer speakers.
Somebody has a how-to or a project to help me.

Thank you very much to all.

Lindomar.

Storm
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Am I the only one that is confused?

:blink:

-Storm.

Hello for all...
Wanted if possible that some helps me the to build one it project magnetizer speakers.
Somebody has a how-to or a project to help me.

Thank you very much to all.

Lindomar.

brutal
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Am I the only one that is confused?

:blink:

-Storm.

lindomar
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Help for create my home made Magnetizer Machine...
Please.

Lindomar.

Excuse for English.:(

pelly3s
07-18-2007, 06:07 PM
i responded to your PM. TC Sounds is the only option I can think of to help you. I don't know your skill level with electrical equipment but it is a dangerous device while you are building and testing.

Ian Mackenzie
07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I have been advised it a black art..not trivial.

Ian

Hoerninger
07-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Some theorie - take care.

lindomar
07-19-2007, 04:42 AM
I live in Brazil and he doesn't have as I buy.
My question is to discharge SCR and the size of the reel.
Please....
It is only for use hobby home and not commercial.

Thanks.

hjames
07-19-2007, 05:06 AM
I live in Brazil and he doesn't have as I buy.
My question is to discharge SCR and the size of the reel.
Please....
It is only for use hobby home and not commercial.

Thanks.

Are you talking about a tape Demagnetizer/Bulk Eraser to erase Reel to Reel tapes?

Or did you mean a RE-magnetiser to restore tired Alnico speaker magnets?

They are quite different things!

pelly3s
07-19-2007, 10:38 AM
check out http://www.ccipower.com/ for the scr you may be able to go somewhere with that

Steve Schell
07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Most of the speaker magnet chargers in use are capacitor discharge types, where a large capacitor bank is suddenly discharged through a large epoxied coil of fat magnet wire and the speaker is placed within. As I understand it a diode is often placed in series to prevent back EMF that might cause a partial demagnetization. Precautions should be taken in the construction and use of such a device due to the high currents and potential for electrocution.

On the Joelist years ago there was a similar thread to this one. Someone related a story of a person supposedly being killed during a charging operation at a factory in the Netherlands when a loose metal object traveled a considerable distance through a closed wooden door and struck the operator. I have since spoken to speaker industry folks who have been around chargers for decades, and they all say that the story has got to be a silly urban legend.

lindomar
07-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Re-magnetiser to restore tired alnico speaker magnets.

Lindomar.

Are you talking about a tape Demagnetizer/Bulk Eraser to erase Reel to Reel tapes?

Or did you mean a RE-magnetiser to restore tired Alnico speaker magnets?

They are quite different things!

toddalin
07-19-2007, 07:58 PM
You do realize that you have to pump 1.21 giggawatts through the flux capacitor to do what you are asking, don't you? ;)

lindomar
07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
This simple machine construction.
My problem now is the exit COIL.
Pelly3s you could happen the measures of your COIL values?

Lindomar.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=26590&stc=1&d=1184928760

Storm
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
You do realize that you have to pump 1.21 giggawatts through the flux capacitor to do what you are asking, don't you? ;)

Watch out, Marty!

:rotfl:

-Storm.