PDA

View Full Version : JBL TLX 14's

laurie
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum, very nice site. I hope to become more familiar with it in the next few weeks.

I've been a big fan of JBL since I was a kid. In 1989 I purchased a pair of TLX 14's. They are a two way design with 8 inch speakers (20 cm) and tweeters. I still have them today and I love them! In fact, they sound better than ever! Which is incredible I think. I believe the Woodman Studios in Sheffield use TLX 14's as studio monitors today.

I run them with a Rotel power amp (I've also had that since 1989) Linn Kolektor pre amp, Ixos and QED cables, my PC to play CDs via Windows Media player plus the internet for radio stations. My satellite receiver, LCD TV and DVD recorder is also wired up.

I purchased the speakers in London and always wondered if they came over from the United States. They have the badge which says Northrdge California. However, I know JBL has a factory in Denmark but I don't know how long they have been assembling speakers there. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance.