PDA

View Full Version : Impedance matching components

HIFINUTRUS
07-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Hello, I just purchased a set of C34's with the D130 LF driver rated at 16 ohms. My question is can I add the the LE175DHL driver/horn rated at 8 ohms and the N1200 crossover rated at 8 ohms? Can you mismatch components with different impedances? Thanks.. Best Regards, Art :(

louped garouv
07-13-2007, 08:14 AM
as i understand it, yes signal will pass through even if using the wrong impedence devices with a given crossover...

BUT

the crossover points won't act as designed....
(it'll be the wrong crossover point)

speakerdave
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Hello, I just purchased a set of C34's with the D130 LF driver rated at 16 ohms. My question is can I add the the LE175DHL driver/horn rated at 8 ohms and the N1200 crossover rated at 8 ohms? Can you mismatch components with different impedances? Thanks.. Best Regards, Art :(
There would be no harm in that particular combination, if you like the way it sounds.

In the days when JBL sold separate components to consumers they made recommendations about how they should be combined. You can find a lot of this type of information in the fliers, catalogues, technical papers and construction guides in the JBL side of the LH library:
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/jbl.htm

David