PDA

View Full Version : JBL in China

JBLOG
07-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm currently doing a bit of traveling in China and yesterday spent some downtime checking out the local audio scene in Shenzhen. I walked into one shop looking for a set of Shuguang tubes and behold...there in the corner I spied in the corner a set of JBLs like mine (C38 cabinets;D130;075). The Cabinets were in excelent condition (spotless oiled walnut), but the D130s had a heinous re-cone job at some point in their lives.

The price tag... 28,000 RMB ! !

Thats about $3733.00 for you and me sans the grill and the aluminum legs!! Apparently there is quite a market for JBL here and the majority of vintage equipment is from neighboring Hong Kong.

Storm
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Wow, that is incredible.

Yep -- JBL has a huge following among the audiophiles of the world.

Hey, if you can spot a pair of 250TI speakers, please do inform me of what the current rate is over there.

Thanks.

;)

-Storm.

Hi Folks,

I'm currently doing a bit of traveling in China and yesterday spent some downtime checking out the local audio scene in Shenzhen. I walked into one shop looking for a set of Shuguang tubes and behold...there in the corner I spied in the corner a set of JBLs like mine (C38 cabinets;D130;075). The Cabinets were in excelent condition (spotless oiled walnut), but the D130s had a heinous re-cone job at some point in their lives.

The price tag... 28,000 RMB ! !

Thats about $3733.00 for you and me sans the grill and the aluminum legs!! Apparently there is quite a market for JBL here and the majority of vintage equipment is from neighboring Hong Kong.

northwood
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I think I know where the shop is,Wanshang shopping mall,a corner of the second floor.

My home is very close to there.

Unfortunately I'm not in Shenzhen now,I'm traveling and on the road,or we can meet there:D and let me buy u beer

JBLOG
07-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Northwood,
Thanks for the invite but I'm off to Hong Kong early in the morning and then back to The States. Perhaps we can catch-up next time I'm here. You have some spectacular sights and food in Shenzhen! I had several awsome meals at Maojia.

northwood
07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Northwood,
Thanks for the invite but I'm off to Hong Kong early in the morning and then back to The States. Perhaps we can catch-up next time I'm here. You have some spectacular sights and food in Shenzhen! I had several awsome meals at Maojia.
:),OK