PDA

View Full Version : need a favour. send diaphragm overseas

greyhound
06-30-2007, 10:35 AM
not sure if this is the right place for this but i finally found a matching diaphragm for my 050 gold tweeter but the comany only sends in the states and not to europe. does anyone want to help me y ordering the diaphragms and then send them to me. Ive been looking for this diaphragm for months and its truly frustrating that its so close but yet so far away.
any cost you might have in sending and ordeing i will gladly pay and something for the trouble (keep in mind im not rich.. sorry).
here is the info.
i found the diaphragms here.
www.speakerrepair.com (http://www.speakerrepair.com)
diaphragm 8ohm titanium for 052TI
D8R052TI
they cost 36 dollar and i need a pair (that means 2 )
if anyone could help me out id be truly gratfull
and i will ow you. (hope im saying this right and this doesnt mean own you or anything)
the comany wont return my mails when i asked them if they send overseas.
when nobody wants to do it i will understand but then please help me in some guidance in how to lokate these diaphragms else where.
oke thanx

Robh3606
06-30-2007, 11:24 AM
You should be able to get these in Europe. Did you ask Guido if he could get them?? If you can't get them there I will do it for you but please make sure you can't get them through a JBL shop there.

Rob:)

greyhound
06-30-2007, 11:37 AM
You should be able to get these in Europe. Did you ask Guido if he could get them?? If you can't get them there I will do it for you but please make sure you can't get them through a JBL shop there.

hjames offered to get them for me. i dont know who guido is. i searched all over the country but they can get no diaphragms just the whole tweeter. also thet do not respond very enthusiastic whe i tell them my plans. they dont say if the switch is possible and respond rather short.
Like there irritated or something. they keep telling me that the 050 gold can be fixed for 600 euro's.

problem is now that i dont know how to pay hjames. can i make a deposit at my bank in holland.?

Robh3606
06-30-2007, 12:23 PM
OK then Heathers it is. They are not responding well because they simply don't know. I don't know if it will work or not. You need a real experienced JBL reconner to tell you.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducer%20List/Transducer%20List.pdf

I don't know wht you just don't try a pair of 052ti's from JBL. They are $68 each and no issues if the 052TI recone kit will work on and 050. If the drivers won't fit you can always E-Bay them.

greyhound
06-30-2007, 12:48 PM
OK then Heathers it is. They are not responding well because they simply don't know. I don't know if it will work or not. You need a real experienced JBL reconner to tell you.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducer%20List/Transducer%20List.pdf

I don't know wht you just don't try a pair of 052ti's from JBL. They are $68 each and no issues if the 052TI recone kit will work on and 050. If the drivers won't fit you can always E-Bay them.

your probably right but you have to understand its my last atempt to make the original drivers work. the last 2 years ive spent hours to make these speakers work as they should. im very close now. after the tweeter i will have craftsman ttry to immitate the back plate en i will engrave the frontplate (letters are missing). im realy putting an effort in to it to make em as they were.
people like you and on this forum should know what im talking about.:)
i think if the membranes dont fit my next option is indeed the 052 driver. or try to put a completly different tweeter inside and change the filter.
but thats a lot of work and expensive

hjames
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
hjames offered to get them for me. i dont know who guido is. i searched all over the country but they can get no diaphragms just the whole tweeter. also thet do not respond very enthusiastic whe i tell them my plans. they dont say if the switch is possible and respond rather short.
Like there irritated or something. they keep telling me that the 050 gold can be fixed for 600 euro's.

problem is now that i dont know how to pay hjames. can i make a deposit at my bank in holland.?

Guido info is here - http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=117
I know he's helped other folks in Europe get their speakers in order -perhaps he can help you, rather than go through US channels.

greyhound
07-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Guido info is here - http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=117
I know he's helped other folks in Europe get their speakers in order -perhaps he can help you, rather than go through US channels.
ok ill give it a try.

greyhound
07-01-2007, 04:29 AM
ive made contact with guido and he thinks he can get me the diaphragms from germany. so ill wait and see what happens.
ill let you know what is the outcome. and if he's not succefull we can alwayd try to get it in the manner i suggested.
so guido, rob & hjames tanks a lot. i hope i dont have to ask this question again.
much apriciated.
robin

hjames
07-01-2007, 06:58 AM
I've made contact with Guido and he thinks he can get me the diaphragms from Germany. ...
Much appreciated.
robin

Excellent - always good to buy locally, when you can!

Guido
07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for the heads up Heather and Rob. I didn't notice this thread.

greyhound
07-01-2007, 08:34 AM
if its not to much trouble id like you to take a look at my other thread
"tweeter reconing"
maybe you can say something usefull about it
thanx

greyhound
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
well looks like speakerrepair is sending the diaphragms. ill let youknow how it works out. still a shame there was no one at jbl to give me the info i needed so this is all just a good guess.