PDA

View Full Version : D130 or D130F for Vibroverb, which one was it???

mackie
06-29-2007, 05:27 AM
I would like to know if it was the JBL D130 or D130F that was the optional upgrade for the 1964 Fender Vibroverb? I've spent hours on the internet and just found this site. ctguitar and another website say D130F, but the Fender Amp Guide and JT30.com say D130. Which ever one it is, what kind of serial numbers, stamping or writing should I expect to find on it? I'm looking at buying one on Ebay and need to know ASAP...thanks very much.

Harvey Gerst
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
It was the D130F. Look for one with an oily goop coating around the surround.

mackie
06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Thank you very much Mr Gerst. I believe you didn't state any other identifiers is because there are none. My review of this site says serial numbers were destroyed. I did finally get the numbers from the seller, and he says the serial number is 40653 and the cone is marked WHF-55XX. Additionally, my review of this site found that WHF stands for Waldon Hi Fi, and this means a re cone? And value greatly reduced? Lastly, I have no clue what a surround is. Could you tell me specifically where and what I should be looking at? I've included a photo. Thanks so much again, Mack.

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a5/f3/5a72_1.JPG

Harvey Gerst
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Thank you very much Mr Gerst. I believe you didn't state any other identifiers is because there are none. My review of this site says serial numbers were destroyed. I did finally get the numbers from the seller, and he says the serial number is 40653 and the cone is marked WHF-55XX. Additionally, my review of this site found that WHF stands for Waldon Hi Fi, and this means a re cone? And value greatly reduced? Lastly, I have no clue what a surround is. Could you tell me specifically where and what I should be looking at? I've included a photo. Thanks so much again, Mack.

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a5/f3/5a72_1.JPG
The surround is the outer edge of the speaker. It should have a shiny look to it, like these: