PDA

View Full Version : Question about: THE JBL STORY - 60 YEARS OF AUDIO INNOVATION BOOK

Storm
06-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey guys.

With my new found admiration with JBL (yes, I still admire Altec), I came accross the book: THE JBL STORY - 60 YEARS OF AUDIO INNOVATION

I was wondering if anyone could either post scans or pictures of the information that was provided in the book in regards to the JBL 250TI speakers.

I want to see if it is worth getting the book.

;)

Thank you.

-Storm.

Robh3606
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
It's a recent publication and I have no doubt it is copyrighted. Please check with Don on this before anyone posts any scans from the book on the site.

Rob:)

kingjames
06-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey guys.

With my new found admiration with JBL (yes, I still admire Altec), I came accross the book: THE JBL STORY - 60 YEARS OF AUDIO INNOVATION

I was wondering if anyone could either post scans or pictures of the information that was provided in the book in regards to the JBL 250TI speakers.

;)

Thank you.

-Storm.

Storm the book is cheap enough so just buy it. Well worth the money.

DavidF
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey guys.

;)

Thank you.

-Storm.

The references to the L250 et al are not techically detailed or would provide any more information than that which is already posted in the Hertitage Library. Remember that this system is just one part of the rich audio history involved with the JBL brand. The only fault I have with the book is that it is too short. Buy the book anyway, you will enjoy it.

David F

BMWCCA
06-29-2007, 05:24 AM
I have the book. Bought it from Amazon to get up to the free-shipping dollar amount with my daughter's birthday-list CD request. I was disappointed but, as others have said, only with how short it was. I didn't really find anything new in the book but then that's probably a testament to the value of this site and the Lansing Library. Still, why would anyone who spends time here not want to add it to their library? IHMO, of course.

hjames
06-29-2007, 05:32 AM
I have the book. Still, why would anyone who spends time here not want to add it to their library? IHMO, of course.

Sure - its a nice coffeetable book - and its certainly cheap enough ...
Amazon says: $20 new, $13 used copy -

Its a no-brainer! So go buy it already!

Don McRitchie
06-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Storm

Have you read the L250 page on the site?

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/l250.htm

I would ask that excerpts from John Eargle's book not be published on this site due to copyright issues.

SMKSoundPro
06-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Dear Storm,

Buy the book.

It is what it is, and has become another useful reference of great engineers and men making something incredible, here in my library of nerdy engineering books and things.

You have already been given the most amazing JBL book you could ever find in the whole world, and that is all of the incredible engineers and handy men and women that this forum contains!

You will able to write your own book on JBL & Altec history after the time and advice you have received here! You have great pictures, diagrams, patent papers; but the greatest thing you have is the people that are responsible for making JBL, and maybe Altec, the core of our audio, hifi, and professional sound world!

Listen to them, and heed their collective advice. Nowhere can you get this education like you are getting here!

I hope you understand my passion for this JBL stuff. It has been the core of my adulthood, so far. Lisa mentions that she does not see that passion waning anytime soon.

I think she will start hanging 075 used diaphrams for earrings to get me to notice her. (she told me once to come home from working on my Dynaco Mark III amps. She said she had tubes, too!)

Buy the book, and support the men whose names are on the cover.

Thank You Mr. Eargle.

Scott.