PDA

View Full Version : Reference pictures of items not pictured on this site

jblwolf
06-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I was wondering if we could start a thread or sticky of hard to id or different versions of parts,I think it would be of great to have a place to reference different small parts that JBL used,Im willing to submit pictures of some of the stuff I have,like these pictures and go from there

Robh3606
06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Why not just drop them into Photo's. I have a bunch of driver photos in my Album that can be used in much the same way.

Rob:)

glen
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Wherever you put them include some kind of descriptive keywords so they can be found by doing a search.
For example these might be associated with:
grill grille mounting post posts
spring loaded binding post terminals

jblwolf
06-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Rob,I agree,reference picture should go there,After looking closer at the pictures,I dont think my camera takes good enough pictures for reference pictures,I spent more time again today and they look out of focus-not clear enough,for my taste:banghead:

Zilch
06-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Use macro mode, if your camera has it.... :yes:

jblwolf
06-30-2007, 08:39 PM
doesnt have it-I would like to just delete this thread(but how??),and I just get a better camera and start all over-I enclosed another picture,this one of hardware,as you can see-junk-useless:banghead:I also agree that they need to be labeled-name/type/size/vintage/old JBL part number-I still have all this info,I thought it would be a good idea and since Im letting go of my spares,this would be a great time to document this stuff before its to late.

Robh3606
07-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Well food for thought. I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text. You camera will probably work if you use a tripod and a set shooting distance. It's a good idea don't give up yet.

hjames
07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Well food for thought. I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text. You camera will probably work if you use a tripod and a set shooting distance. It's a good idea don't give up yet.

The metal spring clip thing on the left looks like the clips that held the factory grilles on my original 4320 cabinets - (most were broken off when I got it, the rest I removed as they were a rusty hazard) ...

Zilch
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
The one on the right is press-in, too. Those are chevrons, not threads.

Heather knows vintage JBL grille mounting, she does... :yes:

jblwolf
07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
ah yes the very old metal grill retainer-thats what I'm gonna try to do,document all the odd ball/old parts/parts from 1960 to 1984,the grill pegs were the best this camera can do,the problem is 1-not having some type of screen to see the picture right after it is taken 2-need a tripod 3-get another camera,I think this is too important,so I will hold off and I will start looking for a editing program/new camera/tripod. I will also get a better look at the photo area and see how that works.oh by the way how many styles of the ma15(clamps) did JBL have?or should I have said castings??

glen
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text.
Looks nice, but text that is part of the picture wouldn't help if you're trying to find these things using the search function. So it would still be useful to identify the items in a text caption:
Left to right, 1.Spring steel grill retainer (late 50s, early 60s) 2. and 3. White plastic press-in grill dowel pins 4. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin 5. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin with chevrons

Robh3606
07-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Looks nice, but text that is part of the picture wouldn't help if you're trying to find these things using the search function. So it would still be useful to identify the items in a text caption:
Left to right, 1.Spring steel grill retainer (late 50s, early 60s) 2. and 3. White plastic press-in grill dowel pins 4. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin 5. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin with chevrons

Agreed I am suggesting you do both. If the photo is downloaded you don't need the text box to show what it is.

toddalin
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM

The one on the left is used to hold the grill fretwork in place on the Apollo cabinets that I sold to Phil.

toddalin
07-06-2007, 06:25 PM
doesnt have it-I would like to just delete this thread(but how??),and I just get a better camera and start all over-I enclosed another picture,this one of hardware,as you can see-junk-useless:banghead:I also agree that they need to be labeled-name/type/size/vintage/old JBL part number-I still have all this info,I thought it would be a good idea and since Im letting go of my spares,this would be a great time to document this stuff before its to late.

The acorn nuts on the threaded studs were used on the LE175/potato masher combo I had. The black T-nut/pan head screws come with the W15GTIs.