PDA

View Full Version : Driver Storage

Robh3606
02-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I have had problem with long term storage of some drivers such as 123a where the suspensions are on the "loose" side. It seems the only "safe" way to store them is with the frames on edge. Is there a safe way to store them face down where the spiders or surrounds won't sag??

Rob:)

Alex Lancaster
02-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Rob:

There is a thread in the forum about this.

Alex.

4313B
02-12-2004, 09:21 AM
"Is there a safe way to store them face down where the spiders or surrounds won't sag??"

No. Bolt them together and set them sideways so their cones are aligned perpendicular to the sucking effect {some call it gravity :rolleyes:} of Earth.

Don't let drivers with foam surrounds contact cardboard.

Andreaspaulsen
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
How would you guys store drives with a completely damaged foam surround. I have a couple of 2245 with no surround left. I hope i am able to refoam them to save the cost of the complete job.
How should i store them ? i have them in original boxes. I am thinking if I store them on the edge the coil assembly wil twist because of the leverage made by the surroundless cone.

JBL Dog
02-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Andreaspaulsen
How would you guys store drives with a completely damaged foam surround. I have a couple of 2245 with no surround left. I hope i am able to refoam them to save the cost of the complete job.
How should i store them ? i have them in original boxes. I am thinking if I store them on the edge the coil assembly wil twist because of the leverage made by the surroundless cone.

Copenhagen is not the proper climate to store JBL 2245H's. Ship them to me in the States and I will store them for you in my climate controlled, custom designed JBL transducer storage facility.

:D :D

This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

JuniorJBL
02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
:spchless: :wtf: You mean custom 4345 storage cab!:D

JBL Dog
02-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JuniorJBL
:spchless: :wtf: You mean custom 4345 storage cab!:D

Actually, It's a basement with foundation cracks. I run a dehumidifier in the summer so mold spores don't find a home on them.

This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

Alex Lancaster
02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Since they have no suspension left, I would store them face down.

Dog:

Spores?, must be all that beer in the air; off topic, but all the breweries here and in Monterrey, Mexico were founded by Germans by way of YOUR town, names like Schneider, Örhner, etc., now there are 2 groups that own every brewery in Mexico, and A. Busch on one side and Labatt on the other own a big chunk of each.

If You need a safe home for the 2245´s, I´ll send the burros for them, tho..., DK´s waters are lots colder than the Big river up north, wonder how the asses would do.

Alex.

mikebake
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Alex;
How/why did you end up in Mexico?? What's the story??
MBB

Robh3606
02-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Andreaspaulsen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the foam kits, redo them and then worry about storing them. If you mess up the spiders you are screwed so pay the $40 now and just get it done.

Rob:)

Andreaspaulsen
02-17-2004, 08:09 AM
I don't think st louis or is a good place for JBL's :) But I have heard that BOSE makes some VERY good speakers especially made for the hot climate:). Or some guys at a white rental van might have som suitable drivers....
Naaah just a bad joke.

Does anyone has experience with rssound.com who sells 2245 foam surrounds for 13$ quite cheap i might say.

cheers
andreas