PDA

View Full Version : question about all disc random play and data discs

Hilfy
06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone,
We have a 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with the factory installed 6 disc changer JBL system (I'm sorry but they don't provide model numbers with the information they give you with the truck).

My question/problem is this. If I stick in 6 audio CD's and turn on the all disc random play, it works as expected- it shuffles between all discs.

However, if I put 6 data discs and turn on all disc random play, it only shuffles through the songs on one disc. Extremely disappointing.

Can anyone give me more info on why a head unit/6 disc changer designed to handle data discs cannot handle random for data discs properly? Is it the way my discs are organized? Right now most of the data discs I have burned are just mp3 or wma files without a folder structure. It would not be too much trouble to make new ones with a folder structure--- does anyone know if this would help?

It's driving me crazy to be so limited when using data discs. Right now, using data discs is like owning a single disc changer.

louped garouv
06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
does your head unit have a AUX in?

it may be easier to just plug in an MP3 player, or the like, and set it to random, than trying to figure out how the head unit/shuffler works...

BMWCCA
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
You're probably not going to get much in the way of valid information on JBL automotive products (especially OE supplied stuff) from this list. You should probably look to a Toyota forum for the answer to your question. The only "heritage" in a 2007 Toyota JBL system is the name badge! Good luck to you. I love my Toyota truck. :drive:

Hilfy
06-30-2007, 11:18 AM
does your head unit have a AUX in?

it may be easier to just plug in an MP3 player, or the like, and set it to random, than trying to figure out how the head unit/shuffler works...

Yeah, it's got the AUX in and we could use that, but so far with the MP3 players we have, we suffer alot of sound degredation going that route. The audio out does not have the bandwidth it needs for that. Great for listening on headphones, just not for piping through a head unit.

You're probably not going to get much in the way of valid information on JBL automotive products (especially OE supplied stuff) from this list. You should probably look to a Toyota forum for the answer to your question. The only "heritage" in a 2007 Toyota JBL system is the name badge! Good luck to you. I love my Toyota truck. :drive:

Drats! We tried the Tundra boards first! Oh well! For the record, it sounds great, it's just weird in some ways. I've been on the JBL car audio site and the only thing they have there is a "contact us" address which they do not answer.

We love our Toyota truck too- it's our second one- the first gave us great service for 17 years and 180,000 miles and was in reasonably good shape when we traded it in.

Audiobeer
06-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I've been searching through the archives and I can't find anything on it. :(