PDA

View Full Version : components in C8R126A kit

dblaxter
06-28-2007, 12:28 PM
hi was curious about the items in the recone kit , i know what all is except for the tan cardboard pieces, they are they same size as the black 4 piece gasket set except for they are wider, i will post pics shortly, but maybe some has had experience with these kits. they also have the mass rings if that helps
am i being silly and they are merely a gasket for when they are mounted in the cabinet, because they dont have the rubber gasket found in most other
i.e. 123a-1, 2212 etc.
thanks for any help, to all
best regards michael

John W
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I recently re-foamed a pair of 126a. They had cardboard strips like what you are describing glued to the top lip of the baskets, directly under the foam surrounds. This is the first time I've seen this.
Was there anything like this on your baskets when you cleaned them up?

dblaxter
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
hi john ,
i am not using the 126 basket, i am reconing with 123a-1 baskets, since the baskets are the same from what i have read , but i would definitly like to know if they go where you say , so the ones you reconed had them below the foam surround?
thanks for the reply
michael

John W
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Yep,
Here is a picture from my 126s where there is a little gap between the gasket and the edge of the frame. You can see part of the cardboard. It was on top of the metal frame, beneath the foam.

dblaxter
06-29-2007, 06:20 AM
hi john ,
thanks for the pics that helps alot , well now i know what to do
best regards
michael