PDA

View Full Version : What to buy in Japan?

pos
06-28-2007, 11:57 AM
A friend of mine is planning a trip to Japan for next week. He is willing to bring me back some JBL stuff if it is not not large or heavy (in fact it has to be really small!). Of course I will have to give him the money in advance, so I have to know exactly what to buy before he leaves. I was thinking about a pair of tweeters or compressions drivers (I am looking for something in the 1.2khz - 20khz range).

What would you buy if you were to do a trip to japan? What would be nice to have and difficult to find or much more expensive to buy in europe?

Steve K
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/product/jblhome/index.html

Hello,

The above is the product listing of what's available for sale from Harman Japan (HJ). For some items, especially the pricey ones like the UT-045BE super tweeter, retailing at 500.000 yen/pair, only specialty stores may have them in stock (perhaps Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara may have one), and if they don't it may take a couple of days for them to get it from HJ's warehouse. Usually, stores will discount new JBLs by 15% - 20%. Also, large discounters like Yodobashi Camera or BIC Camera will have duty-free sales, where foreign visitors are exempt from the 5% consumption tax (sales tax). Make sure your friend asks about duty-free.
Hope this helps.

Steve K
Tokyo

pos
06-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Thank you Steve!