PDA

View Full Version : player recommendation needed

invstbiker
06-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Gents and ladies, I'm looking for a player that plays DVD-DATA disks as well as CD etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

invstbiker
06-23-2007, 12:37 PM
apology for the mis-post

Allanvh5150
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi, I have used a lot of different players over the years. About 4 years ago I aquired a Tascam CD-RW700. It only does CD's but there was another that did DVD's as well. The quality is very good.It plays well and has the usual compliment of ins and outs, including co-axial and optical. It also has the added benefit of being a burner as well. I oroginally got it to record all of my vinyl to CD so I can play them in the car. It was moderatly priced as well. Hope tis helps, Allan.

invstbiker
07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI

Called the manufacturer/distributor and this little player will play DVD audio data. The purpose of this is to have a backup player in case the computer craps out during rally. With DVD data I can have a playlist a mile long. Thx all

fast_mick
07-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Investbiker

I bought the oppo as well because it plays everything and got a good review on most major audio websites.

I compared it with my cd player for audio the inbuilt DAC in the oppo sounds compressed. I am now hunting for a DAC (I want to play the latest Neil Young DVD-A's Massey Hall and Fillmore East).

It appears there are good but cheap Chinese DACs available like the Zhaolu and Citypulse. Still doing my homework.

regards
Michael