PDA

View Full Version : Bassmaxx folded horns!

scott fitlin
06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I went and did it, got something NEW! Im taking out my old small W bins and putting in these. 2 cabs per location, 8 twelve in subs replacing four 18in subs.

What can I say? The 12,s these days have that fast, snappy sound, like the old 18,s, and I dont like rolling bass, I want IMPACT! Since I can no longer get the woofers that worked the best in those old W bins, I replaced em, >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.bassmaxx.com/products/x2c-deuce/

THESE KICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :D:D:D

clmrt
06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Didn't you have Widget build yu up something not too long ago?

hjames
06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I went and did it, got something NEW! Im taking out my old small W bins and putting in these. 2 cabs per location, 8 twelve in subs replacing four 18in subs.

What can I say? The 12,s these days have that fast, snappy sound, like the old 18,s, and I dont like rolling bass, I want IMPACT! Since I can no longer get the woofers that worked the best in those old W bins, I replaced em, >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.bassmaxx.com/products/x2c-deuce/

THESE KICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :D:D:D

You mean for home use, right?
I mean, you have the Eldorado Bumper Car (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12195&highlight=Eldorado) venue well covered, right?

scott fitlin
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, but these replace OTHER folded horns I have.

In my center stacks, I have six stacks, the old W bins where the woofer loads from the front and faces the back of the box, they work best with old Gauss 18,s. The old 400 watt 18,s with those paper thin lightweight cones. Cant get em anymore, and the woofers I can get that will work to some degree in them, dont have the kick I want. The speaker companies like Eminence that still make updated versions of their older drivers, but with increased power handling, 800w, have more of that subwoofery rolling bottom end. I want KICK coming off my center and corner stacks. IMPACT of the kick drum is whats dramatic, propulsive, and rythmically alive, IMO! And for what I want.

Widgets JBL subs do their thing, give me SUB BASS. Widgets subs replaced J Horns that are sidewall area locations, not in the stacks. But I also need that horn loaded kick and punch. Of everything I listened to, the 12in horn loaded subs got my attention. Fast attack, scary transient snap. Less Grrrrmmm, MORE BOOM!

Bassmaxx makes an 18in folded horn, the B Zero, and the owner, who was here with me, told me you wont like them, they are true subwoofers, they dont have the kick you want. I listened to many different 12in subs, and hey, 12,s work. So, Ill have two cabinets per stack, with two 12,s each, replacing four single 18,s and a BIG amp to run em!

IMO, ported subs that do true sub bass sound better to me then folded horns trying to do true sub bass.

When IT comes to folded horns, I want that folded horn bass and midbass kick. However, the x2c-duece gets down to 35hz rated, and will get down to 29hz, so its not exactly shallow bass either. And, coupling two cabs together works nicely as well. But it KICKZZZZ!

:bouncy:

mikebake
06-19-2007, 02:30 PM
IMO, ported subs that do true sub bass sound better to me then folded horns trying to do true sub bass.

I agree.

Hofmannhp
06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes, but these replace OTHER folded horns I have......
When IT comes to folded horns, I want that folded horn bass and midbass kick. However, the x2c-duece gets down to 35hz rated, and will get down to 29hz, so its not exactly shallow bass either. And, coupling two cabs together works nicely as well. But it KICKZZZZ!

Hi Scottyj,

can you pls post some pics how you placed them ........your description sounds good....

HP

jim campbell
06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I went and did it, got something NEW! Im taking out my old small W bins and putting in these. 2 cabs per location, 8 twelve in subs replacing four 18in subs

THESE KICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :D:D:Dis there a picture or three of your rig out there..............id be interested in seeing it

scott fitlin
06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
There will be. I finally got myself a digicam. I have to take pics, load in to my comp and upload onto the site.

I will probably dig up an old Eldorado thread I started somewhere on this site and post em there. Give me a day or two.

Im gettin alot more new stuff and Im busy, and Im doin my mechanics and maintenance, so time is tough for me right now. Thats why you havent seen me posting in a while, especially weekends.

:)