PDA

View Full Version : Mystery JBL bookshelf speakers

rakun
06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I just found a pair of large bookshelf speakers missing the name plates on the grill cloth....and carrying the identification "Model 2360"on the Hi Freq control on the rear.

The drivers are clearly a 12" JBL with no nameplate but unmistakeable structure and paper dome, a 10" passive radiator and a small cone tweeter with a very large magnet. The tweeter appears the same as some I have seen in the old Lancer systems.

From what I see on the web these are not the Lancer 66 nor 77 nor 99. They look like the 77 but with the 12" woofer which appears to be a stock installation..and the speaker holes are positioned exactly right for the 12 and 10" speakers. So I don't think it is a retrofit by some hacker.

I'd appreciate any info on what these may be and how they were marketed and when. Any specs also would be helpful.

Thanks

Troy Weidenheimer - ST. Louis

Titanium Dome
06-16-2007, 02:34 PM
The most common use of "2360" by JBL would be the gigantic BiRadial horn typically used in cinema applications. Obviously, that's not what you have.

See here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7063&highlight=2360

I'm afraid you'll need to post a picture. Words are inadequate in this case. :)

JBLnsince1959
06-18-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm afraid you'll need to post a picture. Words are inadequate in this case. :)

I agree.....