PDA

View Full Version : 116H recone kit

tweeter
06-15-2007, 04:18 AM
Somebody knows the parts included in the recone kit C8R116H for 116H woofer?.
Is surrounding foam included?
Where I can get it?

Thanks.

Zilch
06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The recone kit for 116H is C8R116A, which comes with the surround attached to the cone, as is typical for JBL kits. If there is a C8R116H kit, it is not listed in the current Transducer Parts List.

I have tried two of these "A" kits with one 116H basket and have been unable to get the voice coils not to rub. I have two more "H" baskets to try, after which it's all going to the factory for them to sort out and fix.

Based upon this experience, my advice is to refoam your 116H with aftermarket surrounds and live with whatever Fs results....

tweeter
06-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Thanks Zilch.
I´ve just refoamed two 116H, but one of them shows coil friction when I push manually the cone. So, I thought to buy a recone kit.
Do you know if the coil and gaskets are also included in the recone kit?

Regards.

Zilch
06-16-2007, 10:54 AM
The tolerances are apparently very tight, and pushing manually is not a good indicator. Run the driver with low-frequency test tones to see if the rubbing is "real." That should have been done while the glue was drying, of course.

JBL cone kits typically include the whole works. The voice coil is preassembled to the cone, as is the surround. Gaskets usually come with, but I don't recall specifically regarding the 116 kits, as I cant' get past getting the voice coils to fit successfully.

Reconers run into these problems, occasionally. That's why they get the big bucks for doing this work.... :p