PDA

View Full Version : New Members ( Probationary Period before Posting ? )

Earl K
06-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi,

- One of our members can no longer post here.
- This situation started after he changed his ISP provider and changed his email address .
- Because of these changes, he went through a partial re-registration here at LHF .
- The site presently says he is logged in but isn't allowed to post .

SO:

(i) With the recent upgrades to the Forums' software, is there now a defined probationary period that excludes new members from posting ?

(ii) If so, does this ( a "no" posting period ) also apply to existing members who change their ISPs and/or email addresses ?

- Any insights to this situation ?

Thanks <> Earl K

Earl K
06-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi ,

Okay, after a bit of sleuthing / I see a reasonable cause for the holdup .

- Any insights to this situation ?

- He has registered twice .

<> :) <>

Robh3606
06-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello Earl

Tell him to try again under Gary L. He was stuck in the email que for some reason?? See if it works now. I changed him to a registered user so it should be OK. If it's not PM me.

Rob:)

Earl K
06-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Rob,

I've sent Gary a PM suggesting that he try posting a message here in this thread.

<> :) <>

Gary L
06-09-2007, 04:33 PM
:D:applaud::banghead:

You guys are the best!

Thanks for helping!

I have no clue if this was an error on my part or a glitch but I am back and able to read and post.

Thought for a while I was in REHAB with Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan! LOL

Gary L

Earl K
06-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Welcome Back ! Gary

Are you now on a form of hispeed ( or still dialup ) ?

<> :)

Gary L
06-09-2007, 04:58 PM
"FORM OF HS", Now that has me rolling on the floor.
Thanks buddy! I now have a satellite connection that is way faster yet still pretty crude!
Dial up was $20/month at 26.6 KBPS
Satellite is $60/month and at 465 KBPS!

My big problem is in keeping both which is where I was until you helped.

I live in the woods in a mountainous region, will never see cable or DSL and will never get a wireless signal. I do have a clear shot at the southern sky where the satellites are and this is my absolute best fix at this time.

To say this had me totally perplexed would be a complete understatement!
I actually hate this computer shit but I love the ability to converse with others with like interests.

WTF did you do?

Both of my woodworking sites are giving me the same problems and I can't get to either of them!

I truely do appreciate your help because I got nowhere! Every one says it is someone elses problem!

I simply never get the confirmation emails to complete the change of email address that would get me set up and back as a member in good standing.

Gary

Earl K
06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Both of my woodworking sites are giving me the same problems and I can't get to either of them!

I truely do appreciate your help because I got nowhere! Every one says it is someone elses problem!

I simply never get the confirmation emails to complete the change of email address that would get me set up and back as a member in good standing.

WTF did you do?

Well really, you did the right thing .
- You started a thread about the problem where others could see your plight.
- I merely sent up smoke signals where I could ( & where they might be seen ) .
- RobH noticed and looked into the problem & cleared up something .

- As far as your other sites, things are never a coicidence IME ( usually just left unexplained to any satisfactory degree ). For instance ;
(i) Your other Forum sites may have also just upgraded software / & who knows what "Vista" has to do with any of this ?
(ii) You switched ISPs

- All in all too many changes at once / would be my take .

- Anyways, glad your back and now have more than dialup ( I think my "DSL Basic" is slower than your satellite service ) :)

moldyoldy
06-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Latency issues, which seem to get worse daily. G-Dub's monitorbots are overdue for upgrade, but he spent the money elsewhere. :D