PDA

View Full Version : Looking to ID a set of Altec Lansing Speakers

bigeeguy
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey, I have an old pair of speakers that have been sitting around the house for a while. I thought they were custom built by someone, but a few days ago I found something on the web to make me think otherwise. I now believe I am in possession of a pair of Altec Lansing 848A "Flamenco" speakers. Unfortunately, there are no distinguishing marks on the back of them. So I am looking for someones help in their ID. I have included a few pictures to help out. I welcome anyones thoughts on these. If anyone needs any more pictures, etc., just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Brennan
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Those look like Flamencos to me.

Here's one that belong to a pal.

jackgiff
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I think this speaker is a Flamenco which is missing its decorative simulated wrought iron grille. A good friend of mine has a pair without grilles, which he prefers over those with grilles. To each his own.

Jack Gifford :)

Tom Brennan
06-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Jack---Yeah, the fella thought the stock grilles looked hideous so he junked them and had new grilles made at a hardware store from window screening. I think they look kind'a cool.

bigeeguy
06-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the ID gentleman. Unfortunately, I have no room for these anymore. If anyone is interested, I am putting this bad boys up for sale on the bay. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140131452107&rd=1&rd=1

Zilch
06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Who'd have guessed? :dont-know

Storm
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Who'd have guessed? :dont-know

:rotfl:

-Storm

hjames
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow - I have these speakers that have just been sitting around and I thought - I wonder what these things are? I mean, they have been here as long as I can remember - maybe they were just born here? Anyway, its a shame to let them go to waste if one of you might be interested in them.
Perhaps you could tell me what they are??
If you know what these odd things are, maybe you have a pile of of money that you'd like to share with me so I can fund my curiosity?

I mean, thats what you are here for, right?

narf narf narf

kingjames
06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I guess this place gives good appraisals as they are being started at $699.00 kind of high for someone who doesn't know what they were or what their worth.;)

100AMPFUSE
06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Looks like someone started a fire on one of the tops of the cabs,but only on the picture for members of this site,sorta missing that picture in the auction,seems like sellers uses this site lot just for- what are these?,oh by the way-here's the auction,I guess the next will be,I found this part in my grannys attic, this part- it says altec or jbl, what is it and oh by the way what is its value before it gets thrown out!or now that I found out its worth- $2.00-I'll put it on Epay.what a shame