PDA

View Full Version : Damaged grill pegs on L100 Century cabinet

Royd
04-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Can someone share their knowledge on removing/replacing
the white plastic grille pegs on the L100 Century
cabinet. One-half of the peg is cracked on 2-3 of them.
Are replacement pegs available? Thanks.

boputnam
04-19-2003, 09:49 AM
On broken pegs, some have a little air-hole that is exposed, if not, take a small drill and drill short hole into the center of the peg. Thread a small wood screw into the hole, and screw part-way down (not too far to avoid swelling the plug), and then pull the screw+peg with pliers. Just wiggle it a bit, and with slight twist it should come out. They aren't really glued very strongly.

Replacements are tough to find. I found some like-material of correct diameter (but white) at my local country hardware store (I have no idea what these plugs are for, but they work). They don't "snap" the grill in place, but they hold it fine. Until the next quake... You could get a larger diameter and shape it to snap, but I haven't gone to that length, yet.

Bill Roberts
04-20-2003, 10:23 AM
I have had good luck (after removal) with carving new ones out of wood dowel. Tedious yes, but you can match the shape and they work well.

Since the grills are probably well rotted away, you can take the time to modify the grill holes to whatever "head" you decide to put in the dowels.

Royd
04-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I am thinking of scanning the
Ebay listings for someone selling an empty L100 cabinet. They
come up for auction pretty regularly. I'll remove the pegs,
hopefully without breaking them, and then reuse them.

CarlV
04-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I don't know how they attach myself, I take it velcro wouldn't
work? Just a thought.
Carl

boputnam
04-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Carl...

Velcro is a great idea. I haven't tried it on L100's but can't think of why not. I've got a pair coming in this week, and I'll give that a go - should work exellent.

sthal
09-27-2005, 04:46 AM
The pegs on my S8R grills also cracked. Velcro works OK but not perfect.

rek50
09-27-2005, 05:51 AM
How about using magnets? http://www.kjmagnetics.com/categories.asp

Phil H
09-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Royd,

You might try searching eBay with the keywords 'JBL gril*' I have seen the pegs being auctioned seperately.

zipplok
09-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I have 4 undamaged original plastic grill pegs out of an L100. I no longer need them. Let me know where to ship them and you can have them for free. Zipplok

mbottz
09-27-2005, 07:22 PM
[email protected] ([email protected]) This guy sells exact reprduction pegs ( white or Black ) for $3.00 each on e-bay. He usually has an auction out on most weeks. Seller name sign--shop (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=sign--shop&iid=5810161533&frm=284)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/x.gifI have bought many of his pegs to replace broken units and these are as good as they come. They are new made from Deldren and will not break as easy as the originals, and are an exact fit.

He is an honest and good seller.

Mike