PDA

View Full Version : Everest in Oslo

leif
05-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I took the trip to Oslo today to see and hear the beauties.
And I was absolutely not disappointed!
I came into the room in Hifi center in Vika, and the speakers were really shining. A true masterpiece of handcraft and even if they are huge, they are not making any room ugly. They look just awsome, and would blend in to any kind of room, from the most ultra modern, to the more traditional styles.

They were hooked up with the top of the line amps from MacIntosh. 2000 watt each chanel. I did not bring my own music, and the music they played was new to me. So I can not compare it with anything I have hear before. But trust me when i say it sounded crystal clear, clean, well balanced, smooth. They did not play them loud. So I can not say how much "slamm" they had. But what I heard impressed me. But the price...
It is extreme. After all, it is still two boxes of wood, with 3 drivers and a crossover network each side. You can get two really nice cars for the same price...

Leif

Rolf
05-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I know about this Leif. But hearing them in "the shop" is not the same way in our home, and that why is I have not done this so far. And no, 450.000 is one car in Norway ... not 2.

timc
05-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Hehe...yeah..Cars in Norway are not cheap.....

Im hoping to hear the everest in Vika withing 3 weeks...but not sure yet. People I know have had mixed oppinions about the setup.....

Tim

yggdrasil
05-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Haven't you guys already got a car or two?

Besides cars are just a level of annual costs. A $60000 car will cost at least $10000 every year you have it. And after 3 years it won't even be worth $30000.

The Everest's on the other hand: No annual cost, and after 3 years it will most likely still be worth the investment.

It is a win - win situation. Run and buy....