PDA

View Full Version : matt black paint.

richluvsound
05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Can anyone identify the matt black paint used on 4435 baffles. I cant find anything other than black board paint . Any suggestions welcome.
Rich

X_X
05-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Not sure if this will match your baffles, but anyone wanting to touch up the black found on a myriad of JBL components- Rustoleum's SATIN spray can in #7777 Black is almost a dead ringer. Use the "classic low sheen finish" and after it dries- buff it out to get just a hint more sheen for a near perfect factory match.

sourceoneaudio
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Krylon 1613 Semi Flat Black.

Jeff
J/S-S1A :D

BMWCCA
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Krylon 1613 Semi Flat Black.That was to be my answer but then I figured it probably didn't have that much of an international presence. Krylon is hard to screw-up. Can you get it overseas?

sourceoneaudio
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, if they have a Walmart, Checker Auto, or K-Mart that is where he can get it. I think he could find it somewhere on the net if not. Maybe it is ava. direct from Krylon's site. ??? Also he might be able to order for Walmart's web site. ???

Jeff
J/S-S1A :D

Tim Rinkerman
05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Rustoleum "Painters Touch" semi-gloss black spray. Unlike everything else Rustoleum makes, it dries very fast...I've used it for years touching up many surfaces. It seems to match just about everybody's "matte" finish.
Home Depot.

Steve Schell
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know how closely it will resemble the JBL cabinet finish, but I'll second the recommendation for Krylon Semi Flat Black spray paint anyway. It dries quickly to a uniform and very durable finish. I have used it for 25 years to refinish the wooden sharp keytops on piano keyboards. It looks great and stands up to hard use.