PDA

View Full Version : Sansui SP-X6700 info

mlr
05-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Hi.

Hope this is in the right area...
I bought a pair of SANSUI SP-X6700 speakers at a thrift shop (with a receiver, tape deck, etc) for $40.00, and stashed them away. I recently dug the speakers out, gave them a listen, and found them to have a terrific sound.

I had assumed that these were basically expensive speakers for folks who don't know what great speakers sound like. I don't know much about such things, but having the good fortune to own several Altec A5's, as well as various JBL's, etc., I think I have a handle on what is possible. I found these Sansui's to be a pleasant surprise!

I don't have a use for these, and I'd like to sell them on ebay as I've seen other Sansui's go pretty good. However, I've been unable to find any auctions for this particular model. From the auction descriptions I've noticed that a numerically higher model number doesn't necessarily equate to higher dollars, and/or desireability.

Can anyone here educate me on these? (ie: general info on Sansui, and this particular model, value, etc.). Condition wise I'd say these are almost like new, with the only defects being some very tiny scrapes on the grill lattice, and perhaps a tiny knick to the cabinets. Any comments would be graetly appreciated.

I never really gave a hoot for the Kenwoods, Technics (and similar lines), nor had any experience with some of the older, less well known speaker mfg's. This past year I got lucky and bought some older speakers that I was unfamiliar with (simply because they were nearly free) that surprisingly sounded very, very good. In particular, a small set of "The Fisher", and a set of "Soundcraftsmen - Lancer's". I guess a lot of folks select their gear based on matching color scheme rather than quality of sound, which is a shame as the vintage stuff I've stumbled across have in total cost me less than perhaps $100.00 or so, and produce a sound quality far exceeding anything I've heard from that offered at Circuit City, or the like!

Anyhoo... thanks in advance. Love this forum!

Regards,
Mike

eddieis
04-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey there, not sure how much your speakers are worth but I am interested in buying them. you can contact me at [email protected]

hjames
05-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Hey there, not sure how much your speakers are worth but I am interested in buying them. you can contact me at [email protected]

The Sansui Speaker ad was a YEAR OLD! from 05-19-2007 04:50 AM -