PDA

View Full Version : newer JBL drivers

Thom
05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Has anyone tried anything with the newer drivers with the 3 inch coils or have they just been summarily dismissed. Altecs first 4 inch was in late 60's wasn't it? Also is there any list(s) of the new neodymium drivers with 2 and sometimes even 3 voice coils or do you just have to find out about them from a system blurb and work your way back?

subwoof
05-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Dude, you really need to use the search function before posting...:)

There are many references to the newer drivers in many threads and to repeat them all is difficult because a single comment, misspelling, number, etc will cause everything to be repeated / clarified / debated / etc

if you have a specific model number simply put it into the search function and read the threads that result.

There is a wealth of information already discussed and posted..

sub

ps - get the 2435be's from that ebay guy before his stash runs out!

subwoof
05-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Not bitching - just suggesting that the questions have been already answered. While many on this forum have extensive experience with newer products and some with older, the fact that they have been posted before should not be wasted...

Perhaps reading this from the webmaster is in order - it is infact the *first* posting on the general forum! :

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2696

sub

subwoof
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
ditto

johnaec
05-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Just do a search for "differential drive" at jblpro.com and follow the leads from there.

John

Thom
05-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Just do a search for "differential drive" at jblpro.com and follow the leads from there.

John

Thank you. That's at least as useful as anything I've found so far. Still a lot of blanks are difficult to fill in. You were helpful, but my other experiences leave me wondering if maybe Fridays are good days to do something else.

Ian Mackenzie
05-19-2007, 12:40 AM
If you go to the manufacturers web site there is a complete run down on the newer drivers.