PDA

View Full Version : Digital Converters

Valentin
05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Has any in the forum had experience of digital converter to transfer form toslink optical to electrical coaxial or aes/ebu

i have a Sony CDP20es i use as a transport and it only has optical output and my Deqx unit only accepts coaxial or Aes/ebu for digital inputs

I was thinking in buying a Hosa odl 312 optical to aes/ebu or a m-audio CO2 optical to coax for about 70 usd
there are all sow some cheap optical to coax at amazon

or the Monarchy DIP

The big Question is there any quality loss in your expirance any other option

John W
05-18-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't have any personal experience, and I know Behringer does not have the best reputation, but I have read some good stuff on the Behringer SCR2496 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.MiuU1Gaj4AGRBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE2cW5nZ3M 0BGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMgRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANGOTAwX zgx/SIG=139sh47oc/EXP=1179585186/**http%3a//media.zzounds.com/media/SRC2496_ENG_Rev_B-56fe21a1bac21b2a9783ebb8d4e37e84.pdf).

Mr. Widget
05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
or the Monarchy DIP
The big Question is there any quality loss in your expirance any other optionI assume you are running the Beta 24/96 DEQX software.... if you are, I would recommend you use Monarchy's upsampler...it does cost a bit more than the DIP, but it'll take your "Red Book" optical signal and output it as 24/96 with both RCA style (SPDIF) and XLR style AES/EBU formats. Not only will there not be any signal degradation, the sound will be slightly improved.

Widget

Valentin
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Thank John and Widget

Widget yes the difference in price from the dip to the up sampler is not that much and is worth it

Johns alternative is also interesting but yes its a brand that has a not so good name for it quality and ethics i have heard

this got me thinking and found the apogee big Ben that would do the conversion and would Aline the clock in the Deqx and the CD signal

it also a lot more expensive

Widget do you have any experience with external clocks and the Deqx

Mr. Widget
05-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Widget do you have any experience with external clocks and the DeqxNot personally... I do know people who have been quite pleased with the Monarchy upsampler though.

Widget

Valentin
05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
thanks i shall go that way
it simple and serves my main porpoise to convert toslink to aes/ebu to have other digital in (coax) to the deqx
and plus the jitter control, up-sampler and better audio.

Thanks widget