PDA

View Full Version : TLX-60?

johnaec
02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
A couple years ago I bought a set of JBL TLX-60 3-way bookshelf speakers from a used electronics shop - they were still new in the boxes. The shop owner said he'd picked them up at a foreclosure auction of a stereo dealer.

The only thing missing is the manual, but all the packing material and shipping boxes are original. The funny thing is that these speakers aren't listed anywhere on JBL's site - not even in the "Support" section, though other numbered TLX models are. Yet they've very obviously JBLs, with all the standard markings, both on the cabinets and the shipping boxes.

Can anyone tell me anything about these speakers? They're 3-way with 10" woofers. Were they possibly for foreign sales only?

I may have paid too much at $200 for the pair, and they still sit new and unused in the boxes. I'm thinking of selling them - what would be a fair price? I did take them out and checked them for functionality - they're perfect - (still unused).

I may also be selling a set of Lancer S99 speakers if anyone's interested - again, in great shape.

What I'm keeping for home speakers is a set of L150s, 2 pairs of Jubal L65s, and a set of J320s for the bedroom. I may end up selling the 150s, mainly because I don't have much room for them.

Any info on the TLX-60 speakers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - John