PDA

View Full Version : different amp on my 250s

opimax
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM
tonight i tried my new to me Sansui 7700 stand alone on the the 250tis. Usually they are hooked up to Sony STR-da9000es. it is an all digital unit including the amp at 200 per speaker X7. The Sansui is 120 x2l, poor wire connectors, power cord is at best the size of my 60watt night stand light,and I have been warned about a weak low end BUT

I can now see why they 250's are considered "bassy"

I think I have more bass hooked to the Sansui then the sony and a sub!! I don't think it the the actual amps but the F#$^#$ bass management. If I have surround speakers set to small and stereo everywhere then the system seems to be ok and a few other setting are ok but when i listen to CD in stereo and go through all the menus choice and tell the sony I only have the 2 up front and set set to "large" (again no sub) the Crossover adjustment on the receiver still effects the bass level, wtf????

I have just purchased a Perreaux amp to run the fronts off the Sony. If that still sounds less than expected i am thinking of getting rid of the Sony.

Just put on Heart much newer than the Chicago I used 1st, much less hiss :) and still better bass!!

Back to the point the 250s sound better than ever!!!:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Need real basstraps at my house to replace the pillows and such stacked in the corners but it is the same for each amp

thanks for the rant

Mark

sourceoneaudio
05-08-2007, 07:36 AM
The reason why no bass to the fronts is you might still have the sub out turned on. The old THX standard was to always send 80hz and up to the fronts even if set to large. This was also a big issue with Pioneer in the older VSX receivers.

J/S-S1A :D

Robh3606
05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Are you running the Sony in 2 channel bypass mode?? My older GA8ES has a switch on the front panel that shuts off the processors and is a straight wire all analog set-up as a 2 channel reciever. No bass management, tone or anything else just volume and switching.

Rob:)

opimax
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
short version: I wish! more testing tonight, bad day at work now!:(

Mark