PDA

View Full Version : L100 Grill Frame question

rww1951
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
My first post… It all started about three weeks ago when I hauled two sets of L100s out of the closet after about 20 years. I bought one set new in the mid seventies and the other set used in the mid eighties. I decided to refurbish them and found this site when I was looking for information on the L100s. The grill frames are warped, dinged, and need replacing so I decided to reproduce them with the help of a CNC router. I ended up using MDF for the base and they came out better that the factory originals. My first question is, does anyone have a source for the interior black grill fabric? I have been reading posts for weeks and have noticed suggestions to use fiberglass window screen as a replacement. That sounds like a great idea but was just wondering if anybody has ever found the fabric JBL used. I will offer these reproductions to Heritage members if anyone is interested.

mbottz
05-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I have found a very close replacement black cheese cloth at both Walmart and Hancock Fabrics. Take a small piece of the original and ask the clerk to help you match it.
I always look for the clerk with the biggest T's and the best A's when I require help. It makes the trip that much better.

If you can not find it PM me and I will try to help.

Thanks

MB

rww1951
05-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks for your suggestion, that's what I always look for in a sales assistant! I'll post some pics when I'm finished with the reproduction grill frames.

hjames
05-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Take a small piece of the original and ask the clerk to help you match it.
I always look for the clerk with the biggest T's and the best A's when I require help.
It makes the trip that much better.
MB

Thanks for your suggestion, that's what I always look for in a sales assistant!
I'll post some pics when I'm finished with the reproduction grill frames.

Woohoo - post pictures of your Sales Assistant first!!:applaud: