PDA

View Full Version : PAS sells to China

edgewound
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Professional Audio Systems, the California manufacturer that made coaxial drivers for UREI has sold to a Chinese company, Artco.

The new sales rep just called me from Indianapolis to inform me of this info.

All PAS products will be made in China now, with support still provided for their past and current products.

I guess economics won out for Larry and Marilyn Doran...I wish them well.

PAS was a great value from a former US company.:(

4313B
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I guess economics won out for Larry and Marilyn Doran...I wish them well.Yep.

SMKSoundPro
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Dear All,

I have an opportunity to buy out some PAS 15 x 2" coaxials with the PAS crossovers. They look quite extensive! They are new in the boxes and never assembled. The local seller also has some 15 X 1" drivers. I did not see the pas comp drivers, though. What is the suggested bolt-on driver complement? (I have 2440's, 2445's and Gauss 4060 here in my shop)

I have reconed some PAS 15 and 18s in past.

Can you please advise me on these drivers and their intended enclosures?

Thank You!

Scott.

edgewound
04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Dear All,

I have an opportunity to buy out some PAS 15 x 2" coaxials with the PAS crossovers. They look quite extensive! They are new in the boxes and never assembled. The local seller also has some 15 X 1" drivers. I did not see the pas comp drivers, though. What is the suggested bolt-on driver complement? (I have 2440's, 2445's and Gauss 4060 here in my shop)

I have reconed some PAS 15 and 18s in past.

Can you please advise me on these drivers and their intended enclosures?

Thank You!

Scott.

Hi Scott,

PAS didn't make their own comp drivers. Most recently they used B&C DE 750 drivers in the T.O.C systems, but in the past used JBL 2450's.

I think there was a time when they used Emilar, Renkus-Heinz and Radian for a short time a few years ago.

The crossovers are design specifically to be used with a 2" JBL driver or a pancake style other make, such as B&C, Emilar, Radian, Renkus_Heinz.

The JBL intended crossovers have a different time align compensation for the deeper throat drivers.
Are these raw drivers or complete systems?

Pick the driver that sounds best to you from the ones you have. You'll need to check if the network wants 8 or 16 ohms.

SMKSoundPro
04-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Mr. Edgewound,

Thank you for the info.

The man who has these coax's also had some renkus, and emilar's on a shelf. I didn't grab those...just all of the JBL and Altec stuff out of his warehouse.

He showed me the paperwork and brochures for the 15x1 and 15x2" coax's. He then showed me a box with xovers as big as a yellow page book. Then, adapter mounting plates for the comp drivers. All brand new in boxes still protectively wrapped up.

He wants me to have them, so that they don't get lost to anyone that walks through the place. I can't say more about the deal, yet.

He is not worried about money exchange, either. Seems like a no-brainer, but I have no experience wih PAS, except reconing 15 and 18's for years, and what a pain in the arse. I started out coning JBL kits. Way too easy.

Thank you for the info.

These are raw drivers. I think 4 15x1 and 6 15x2's.

He bought them to make wedge monitors for gigs.

Is there any real value to these parts?

Scott.

edgewound
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Mr. Edgewound,

Thank you for the info.

Is there any real value to these parts?

Scott.

Absolutely.

Take a look at the website that PAS had...it's still up until the new company finishes their's.

www.pas-toc.com (http://www.pas-toc.com)

GordonW
04-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Yep, the first thing that the new owners of PAS did, was to DISCONTINUE factory recone kit support, for EVERYTHING. No more factory kits. Been dealing with that situation for a few months, so far...

Regards,
Gordon.

edgewound
04-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Yep, the first thing that the new owners of PAS did, was to DISCONTINUE factory recone kit support, for EVERYTHING. No more factory kits. Been dealing with that situation for a few months, so far...

Regards,
Gordon.

Gordon,

That problem might just have been temporary. I was sent a new price list with recone kits included. The rep told me everything was in stock in Indianapolis.

You might want to look into that.