PDA

View Full Version : JBL Catalogs that the site doesn't have

kingjames
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I have picked up some catalogs off ebay that this site is in need of. I will donate them to the site as long as they don't sit for years before they get posted. I can scan them and send them to someone if this will get them posted earlier. This is what I bought.

Original 1970 Pro
repo-1965 Home
repo-1973 Pro
repo-1968 Home
repo-1973 Home
repo-1959 Home
repo-1960 Home

None of these are on the site. Please let me know how we can get them on the site in the fastest manner. I have PM'd Giskard about these but the man is always too busy with other projects. kj

4313B
04-25-2007, 09:40 AM
The backlog stretches to January of 2004. Don said earlier this year that he was working on a new test website with a new Library and other articles. I don't know how far he has gotten with that. I mentioned to you in a PM that I would talk to him by the end of this weekend.

kingjames
04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
No problem, I thought you were referring to the binder.My bad!

Hofmannhp
04-25-2007, 10:54 AM
The backlog stretches to January of 2004. Don said earlier this year that he was working on a new test website with a new Library and other articles. I don't know how far he has gotten with that. I mentioned to you in a PM that I would talk to him by the end of this weekend.

Don...? who is Don?

:(

HP

PS: I think he has a lot to do with the stuff he stored since a long time.

hjames
04-25-2007, 11:15 AM
He's the Jedi knight of the site - Obi-Don ...

Don...? who is Don?

:(

HP

PS: I think he has a lot to do with the stuff he stored since a long time.

glen
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey, does anybody have a comprehensive list of JBL publications?
I know that collectors of other types of published literature often build up a checklist of all known literatue including when & where it was published.
A lot of folks here collect the literature, has anyone compiled such a list?

4313B
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I have picked up some catalogs off ebay that this site is in need of. I will donate them to the site as long as they don't sit for years before they get posted. I can scan them and send them to someone if this will get them posted earlier. This is what I bought.

Original 1970 Pro
repo-1965 Home
repo-1973 Pro
repo-1968 Home
repo-1973 Home
repo-1959 Home
repo-1960 Home

None of these are on the site. Please let me know how we can get them on the site in the fastest manner. I have PM'd Giskard about these but the man is always too busy with other projects. kjDon is going to try to get the ftp site fixed in a couple weeks. It's broken. This website is also broken and nothing can be uploaded to it. A new website is in dev, as has been previously reported, and will be put into service at some point. The English version of the four Stereo Sound articles is done as well as the Jerry Moro profile. I'll send you a PM when the ftp site is once again online.

As for the closing of the OT section - "That's probably a good thing." No further comments on that subject are probably necessary.

We'll be working on things starting on Sunday May 6th. As always, thank you for your contributions. :)

As one of the grandson's of JBL, I found it most amazing to see all this information about him and his achievements on one site. Well done to the folks that put this together! - Mark Lansing 15-NOV-2000

Hey, does anybody have a comprehensive list of JBL publications?That would sure be nice wouldn't it?

Hofmannhp
04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
....A lot of folks here collect the literature, has anyone compiled such a list?

Hi,

here's my (not complete) list.....feel free to organize something.

HP

kingjames
04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Just let me know when you're ready.Thanks!

johnaec
04-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a ton of stuff not in the Libraries that I can scan, ('some already sent but MIA...). I may wait until the current backlog is posted, so as to avoid duplication, unless someone has a better idea.

John

4313B
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks John. I'd probably wait. To be blunt, the amount of work ahead is significant to be sure. Let's see how long it takes to get the new website up and running reliably first.

boputnam
04-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Don is going to try to get the ftp site fixed in a couple weeks. It's broken. This website is also broken and nothing can be uploaded to it. A new website is in dev, as has been previously reported, and will be put into service at some point. The English version of the four Stereo Sound articles is done as well as the Jerry Moro profile. I'll send you a PM when the ftp site is once again online. Wow, that's good to know. Sounds like a great plan.

As for the closing of the OT section - "That's probably a good thing." No further comments on that subject are probably necessary. Uh, OK. Define "probably..."?

We'll be working on things starting on Sunday May 6th. As always, thank you for your contributions. :)OK, then - let any of the rest of us know if we can help...

Robh3606
04-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Hello Bo

Ditto

Rob:)

4313B
04-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Uh, OK. Define "probably..."?My weak attempt at blunting the blow that this isn't a democracy.

Oh wait... which "probably"? :p His or mine? If you meant his, I took it to mean that whatever you moderators decided needed doing was supported by him.

boputnam
04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
My weak attempt at blunting the blow that this isn't a democracy.Not weak - well put.

I think the merits are slowly sinking in - one can only hope so.

Hofmannhp
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Just let me know when you're ready.Thanks!

Hi KJ,

my list is now complete.

HP

kingjames
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Hp, I was telling Giskard when he's ready let me know. Sorry for the confusion.