PDA

View Full Version : LX5 internals...need help!

qcautosports
04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello, I am a newbie. I just found this website while searching for JBL parts. My fater is restoring his OLIMPUS and some how, the crossovers strted to fail. (LX5). Are there any replacement internal parts for this crossovers? He bought the speakers brand new many years ago (1971?) and has managed to keep it over the years. The old JBL gears are all useless now as they do not have parts fror the energizer and the preamp. The existing setup is an old Conrad J CJ7, a CROWN 300? amp and his old reliable EMPIRE 598 II. Can anyone help...please?:)

Zilch
04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Network%20Schematics/LX5.pdf

qcautosports
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Network%20Schematics/LX5.pdf
Thanks...that's a very big help. Do you know where I can find those grills that they attach in front of the mids?

Zilch
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Do you know where I can find those grills that they attach in front of the mids?For new ones, contact Harman Consumer Parts, P/N 332210-001 Acoustic Lens.

Otherwise, used, it's L-91 (consumer) or 2308 (pro), occasionally on eBay....

Hofmannhp
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Hello, I am a newbie. I just found this website while searching for JBL parts. My fater is restoring his OLIMPUS and some how, the crossovers strted to fail. (LX5). Are there any replacement internal parts for this crossovers? He bought the speakers brand new many years ago (1971?) and has managed to keep it over the years. The old JBL gears are all useless now as they do not have parts fror the energizer and the preamp. The existing setup is an old Conrad J CJ7, a CROWN 300? amp and his old reliable EMPIRE 598 II. Can anyone help...please?:)

Hi QC,

welcome to the forum,
what's about some pics....and btw the serial numbers of this speakers cabinets and drivers, so we know more about them.

HP

qcautosports
04-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi QC,

welcome to the forum,
what's about some pics....and btw the serial numbers of this speakers cabinets and drivers, so we know more about them.

HP My dad told me that the cabinets were not original. He was able to acquire a blue print of the enclosure from JBL an the early 70s and made it himself. He told me he bought the internals brand new. I will try and get numbers. I remember when I was about seven, my dad will bring me to those outdoor competitions. He will bring all his equipment and compete. Those speakers really kicked ass coz he always brings home trophies.:applaud:

kingjames
04-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Those speakers really kicked ass coz he always brings home trophies.:applaud:

Why am I not surprised!:thmbsup: