PDA

View Full Version : C53 Libra Find On CL and Zenith power amp of some kind?

kingjames
04-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Just bought these,this is a wild looking woofer with the tweeter built right in. The wax seals on one are intact and on the 2nd woofer only one is intact so I thing they are original.

The cabinets are in excellent shape,some minor scratches but no gouge's or crushed corners. Grilles are in good shape.

I noticed on the front baffle there is a board screwed in,what is this for?These LE14C are 16 Ohm with the serial's of 6294 and 6371 LX2-1 Crossover's with serial's 5625 and 5636, cabinet serial's are 61141 and 61137.

This wood almost looks like Mahogany because it is so dark. I am not sure though.

I also picked up at the same place a Zenith Tube amplifier of some sorts. The story from the Antique shop where I got it including these speakers is as follow's.

A guy worked at Zenith in the 1950's here in Chicago and he and a few of his friends built this for their church in Evergreen,IL. They built it right at the Zenith Factory,amp has no tags as being from Zenith but,unit powers on and all tubes are lit.Any info on this would be appreciated. This amplifier is in excellent shape.Thinking about ebaying the Amp. I have included some pictures for all those interested. I screwed up some how I may the pictures separate thread's somehow.You have to open the C53 Cont. thread's. Sorry!The Zenith amp pictures I put in the non Lansing marketplace.

Moderators could you please combined my photo's to this thread as I was not able to delete them and put them here. I posted new thread's with pictures instead of using reply. Thanks!