PDA

View Full Version : JBL Creature II - Subwoofer

sgeorge
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi all

Anyway, know how to take apart the subwoofer please? I've taken out the eight screws on the bottom and I can prise three sides away but the front is stuck firm.

I think a fuse has blown as the power light is on the main unit/subwoofer but it's not powering the speakers.

Cheers

Steve

edgewound
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi all

Anyway, know how to take apart the subwoofer please? I've taken out the eight screws on the bottom and I can prise three sides away but the front is stuck firm.

I think a fuse has blown as the power light is on the main unit/subwoofer but it's not powering the speakers.

Cheers

Steve

Throw it away and buy a new one.

richluvsound
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
:applaud:
Throw it away and buy a new one.

What, you mean the fuse ?

Rich:banghead:

Titanium Dome
04-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Did the unit work before? Did you recently change anything? If so, are the cables and connectors all in the right place? (I must sheepishly admit :o: that I once put the wrong cables part way into the wrong holes and couldn't figure out why there was no sound (or light) from one speaker. So be sure the cables are in the correct geometric holes and completely inserted.)

---------------------------

To completely remove the bottom of the enclosure, you must remove the two silver knobs on the front from their shafts. Pull them firmly but carefully straight up. If you break the black shafts, you'll be shafted for real.

Once inside you'll see the two chambers, with the 4.5" JBL driver on one side and the metallic phase-inverting port on the other, with the circuit board as the divider. Cool, eh?

Now, unless you're going to check every component to see which part has failed and replace it, I think edgewound is probably right. Throw it away. I don't remember there being a fuse in there anywhere, and unless the manual says there is one, I think you're wasting your time looking for one.