PDA

View Full Version : L222 Services on Long Island NY

lemomo
04-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi All,

THis is my first post in this Forum and I thank each and every one for your contribution to such a good tool. I am looking to restore my speakers. Do you guys know where on Long Island I can take them to. I am trying to remove the mid and low to bring to a store.

Thanks

Robh3606
04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Hello lemomo

PM Scott Fitlin for the best place for the work to be done. He's in Coney Island so another local New Yorker. I live a couple of towns east of you and have not had any luck with this. I think you may get sent to a place in Pensylvania if I remember right. There used to be a shop in Long Island City that was good but I don't know if they still are. The place in Farmingdale is not good based on conversations I have had with them. You need foam surrounds on the woofers?? The midranges are working or not?? Have you looked into recone prices?? The LE-14 kits are available again but I don't know if the midrange kits are available or not. The recone kits are not inexpensive. You need to get a rew quotes. Go up to the JBL Pro site for a list of JBL repair centers.

Rob:)

lemomo
04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
I need to do the Mid and low

Robh3606
04-20-2007, 07:27 AM
So they are both shot. Here's the Techsheet so you can get quotes and availability on the kits.

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L222A%20ts.pdf

With the mids in these speakers make sure it's not the midrange pots. If the pots are shot then the driver may be OK.

Rob:)