PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the L7's

kingjames
04-18-2007, 07:24 AM
I just bought those L7's for $450.00,will pick them up later this evening. I will let you all know what I think of them. I don't believe they come with the base's. Willing to buy a set of the base's if anyone has an extra pair they want to get rid of. Thanks!

JBL 4645
04-18-2007, 07:42 AM
What is an L-7 is it Altec or JBL I can’t find anything in Google image to match this?

Wait a moment is it these one pictured here?
http://www.kingsound.co.kr/upfiles/product/thumb1/thumbnail_4709_1.jpg

Andyoz
04-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Is this relevant at all...http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15807

John W
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
You could check the library too.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1992-l-series.htm

fotodan
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Congrats, KJ, let us know how they sound..:applaud:

kingjames
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I have set these up and I love them. TI-dome they work fine for me on A surround system. The low's are very punchy and the mids and high's clear and crispy.

I checked these running a cd through the dvd player was not impressed at all,moved speakers a little still did not like them. I put LOTR dvd and a whole new world.I figured it must be the way the music is recorded. I was second guessing my decision and just when I was thinking I should have listened to you about a surround setup, I turned up the volume with LOTR playing and it was stunning.

My speakers are a little close to the TV but my tv slants on both rear side's toward the center so it may look close in the picture but it is actually a little over 3 feet where the music hit's the tv on each side.

I am glad I went with the L7's, I like the fact it has the woofer,no need for a sub,in the rear I am running JBL S2's.Center is an HLS center.

I also played the movie Pearl Harbor and it sounded unbelieveable.Hanz Zimmer and my JBL's have always mated well. Happy Camper!:bouncy: :yes: :bouncy:

SEAWOLF97
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
How many pairs of JBL's DO you have , KJ ??

kingjames
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
250ti's

xpl140's just sold but I think buyer is refusing to pay, same buyer that refused to pay for my Infinity's but agreed to the circumstances on that deal,now he's crying again,this time I will leave negative,it seems I get all the BS'ers. I thought I blocked this idiot from bidding on my stuff,guess not.

HLS 610 pair
HLS center
L19's just sold
4406's just sold.
L96's
Control 1C pair
Parted out a set of 240ti's

That's it for now but I never turn down a cheap pair when I can get them.

sourceoneaudio
04-20-2007, 02:31 PM
KJ,
I think you might want to swap them from left to right. You will get better bass reinforcement with the woofer shooting against the wall spaced off equal. (woofer faces out) Also when listening to two channel stuff make sure you receiver is set correct on two channel. I will sound like KAKA in a simulated 5 channel stereo mode. But you knew that. Looks good! Nice purchase.........:applaud:

J/S-S1A :D

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1992-l-series/page06.jpg

kingjames
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Source,I never thought about the woofer's firing toward's the walls,will check that out tonight.:D

kingjames
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone got a set of base's for these they want to sell? Just PM me. thanks! Jim

sourceoneaudio
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Source,I never thought about the woofer's firing toward's the walls,will check that out tonight.:D

I might also help with cutting back on screen vibrations on the front panel of your Big Screen. Good luck with the test tonight, going to be a big difference in the low end output. :D I would try about 6" of the wall spacing. That is the distance I have my 15's spaced off my wall in my end tables. Seems to work very well. +3db gain for every boundary. So you are looking at +6 per side balanced.

J/S-S1A :blink:

opimax
04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
They are designed to face each other not the wall. Please report the difference in sound, I am curious

Thanks

Mark

JBL 4645
04-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Mate, darn you need a bit more light on that I can hardly see them. Try turning off the main light use the flash on the camera you might get a more, clearer picture due to the function of the digital camera.